Study Instance UID in N-SET - DICOM

This is a discussion on Study Instance UID in N-SET - DICOM ; In developing MPPS application, I encountered a problem: N-SET command does not carrry Study Instance UID. Where should the Study Instance UID be? For example, N-CREATE command put Study Instance UID in: cheduled Step Attribute Sequence (0040,0270) >StudyInstanceUID(0020,000D) I expect ...

  1. Study Instance UID in N-SET

    In developing MPPS application, I encountered a problem: N-SET
    command does not carrry Study Instance UID.

    Where should the Study Instance UID be?
    For example, N-CREATE command put Study Instance UID in:

    cheduled Step Attribute Sequence (0040,0270)
    >StudyInstanceUID(0020,000D)

    I expect it is in the same place for N-SET. But I can find it there.

    Thanks a lot,
    Yan

  2. Re: Study Instance UID in N-SET

    Just one typo. I can NOT find it there.

  3. Re: Study Instance UID in N-SET

    In the N-CREATE you set a SOP Instance UID (0008, 0018). The Scheduled
    Procedure Step Sequence conatins the Referenced Study Instance UID.

    The N-SET sends the same SOP Instance UID that you used in the
    N-CREATE. The MPPS SCP can use that UID to update your previous
    N-CREATE ( which contained the study reference .)

+ Reply to Thread