Please help with an implementation of a general purpose worklist manager - DICOM

This is a discussion on Please help with an implementation of a general purpose worklist manager - DICOM ; Hi All, I have a need to implement a worklist manager in our PACS system. I am a newbie to DICOM, so please bear with my ignorance. I have been trying to read the DICOM specs and I have not ...

  1. Please help with an implementation of a general purpose worklist manager

    Hi All,
    I have a need to implement a worklist manager in our PACS system.
    I am a newbie to DICOM, so please bear with my ignorance. I have been
    trying to read the DICOM specs and I have not been able to understand
    much about it. I do know that it contains requested procedure,
    scheduled procedure etc. But how exactly can i map it to software
    components in the implementation. Our implementation is in java.
    Anybody who knows something abt this worklist manager...please..i repea
    please respond ASAP.

    Hoping to hear soon.....
    Thanxxxx a million

    Zeus

  2. Re: Please help with an implementation of a general purpose worklistmanager

    What is your use-case - a reporting worklist for radiologists,
    a post-processing worklist for a CAD or 3D server, a QC
    worklist for technologists ?

    I ask, because it affects how you will want to populate the
    information model.

    What triggers will drive the worklist manager to put a task
    on the worklist, and how will it respond to completion and
    similar events ?

    The descriptions of the IHE Reporting and Post-Processing
    Workflow profiles in the radiology technical framework
    might start you in the right direction.

    If you want to think in terms of fitting this into a more
    general business process management architecture, read
    Essential Business Process Modeling by Michael Havey (ORA).

    David

    anoop2811@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I have a need to implement a worklist manager in our PACS system.
    > I am a newbie to DICOM, so please bear with my ignorance. I have been
    > trying to read the DICOM specs and I have not been able to understand
    > much about it. I do know that it contains requested procedure,
    > scheduled procedure etc. But how exactly can i map it to software
    > components in the implementation. Our implementation is in java.
    > Anybody who knows something abt this worklist manager...please..i repea
    > please respond ASAP.
    >
    > Hoping to hear soon.....
    > Thanxxxx a million
    >
    > Zeus