Important Attribute For Dicom Image Opening. - DICOM

This is a discussion on Important Attribute For Dicom Image Opening. - DICOM ; Hi I have done some work on dicom Viewer in C#. 8bit Dicom Image Open properly without any hard work.But 16bit image shows such a way that it will not acceptable in Medical field. Could You tell me What is ...

  1. Important Attribute For Dicom Image Opening.

    Hi
    I have done some work on dicom Viewer in C#. 8bit Dicom Image Open
    properly without any hard work.But 16bit image shows such a way that
    it will not acceptable in Medical field.
    Could You tell me What is role of
    SamplePerPixel,PhotometricInterpretation,BitSotred ,HighBit,smallestImagePixelValue
    like that. With 8bit image i needed only row,column,and PixelAllocated.
    I have not more experiance in this domain.So i am trying to understand
    this domain.
    I am Waiting for your idea.
    regards
    Neeraj Kumar.

  2. Re: Important Attribute For Dicom Image Opening.

    Hi Neeraj,
    BitsStored: actually used number of bits to represent one pixel e.g. 12
    bits
    HighBit: Most significant bit e.g bit nr. 11 usually bits stored - 1
    BitsAllocated: allocated number of bits for one pixel e.g. 16
    it works with 8 bits because usually Bitsstored = bits allocated = 8
    For 16 bit images you have to care about this values and mask only
    those bits representing the pixel value.
    Unused bits might contain overlays.
    For more information have a look at PS3.3 for the IODs you want to
    display and PS 3.5 Section 8 about pixel data encoding.

+ Reply to Thread