Dicom for C# programmers - DICOM

This is a discussion on Dicom for C# programmers - DICOM ; Hello, I'm a developer with EMR experience are looking to develop a dicom viewer as the first step in developing a full pacs. i've been doing quiite a bit of research on my own but haven't found a concise guide ...

  1. Dicom for C# programmers

    Hello,
    I'm a developer with EMR experience are looking to develop a dicom
    viewer as the first step in developing a full pacs.
    i've been doing quiite a bit of research on my own but haven't found
    a concise guide to developing a dicom viewer. I've been to nema and
    downloaded all the pdfs. I've also visited the C# open source dicom
    project. In addition, I've been to many tutorial sites and have found
    that either: A) you get an avalance of detail but no big picture, or B)
    you get an overview of Dicom but no technical details.
    We'd appreciate a point in the right direction. A "hello world" for
    dicom example would be great also any pointers to easy to understand
    reference materials would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    p.s. if i've violated any etiquette with this post please be patient
    with me as it is my first post to this board.

  2. Re: Dicom for C# programmers

    Take a look at the ClearCanvas project. This is an open source dicom
    viewer written in C#. The project is in its early stages now, but they
    do have a functional viewer, developer documentation, and ambitious
    plans. You can quickly customize the framework by writing plugins in
    the .Net language of your choice. I have talked to the 2 principle
    developers, Norman and Clinton, at their booth at SCAR last month in
    Austin, both have lots of dicom experience and are really comitted.
    Check it out at:

    http://clearcanvas.ca/

    Tom

  3. Re: Dicom for C# programmers

    thanks for the tip tom, I'll definitely check the project out. much
    appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread