MWL Exemplar Request - DICOM

This is a discussion on MWL Exemplar Request - DICOM ; Hello all-- I'm implementing MWL support for our EMR, and I need an exemplar of a valid MWL request. I'm using the CTN libraries mwlQuery util, and it requires a file to send. Even better would be a free program ...

  1. MWL Exemplar Request

    Hello all--

    I'm implementing MWL support for our EMR, and I need an exemplar of a
    valid MWL request. I'm using the CTN libraries mwlQuery util, and it
    requires a file to send. Even better would be a free program I can use
    to generate the requests, and mwlQuery is not particularly featureful.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,

    Aaron Lehmann

  2. Re: MWL Exemplar Request

    MWL usually has very specific purpose - to get patient demographics and
    procedure data for inclusion in the image IODs created as artifacts of
    the procedure and in the Perform Procedure Step IOD created to report
    the fact of its performance. The IHE Technical reference defines two
    types of queries one might perform on the MWL: a Patient Based Query
    and a Broad Query. The first is performed to retrieve information for a
    particular patient and/or procedure. The second is to retrieve a set of
    worklist items whose likely use is to form a "pick list" of a number of
    patient procedures. IHE Radiology Technical Framework, Volume II
    Transactions, Section 4.5.4.1.2 defines the Match Keys which must be
    supported for these two categories of queries. Additional information
    on Match Keys and Return Keys for the queries is also provided.
    You can download the framework from this site
    http://www.ihe-europe.org/
    (it is a dynamic html site so I can't give you a link directly to the
    doc)

    For test queries I use the Oldenburg OFFIS DCMTK. The program
    Findscu.exe will generate and perform queries. Key point is to make
    sure you use the -W option to do a MWL C-find query. You can either
    provide match and return keys as command line parameters or you can
    enter them in a "Dump File Format", then use dump2dcm.exe to convert to
    the OFFIS dicom file format, and provide the dcm file as an input to
    findscu.exe.
    You can download OFFIS here:http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en
    Query parameters are c

  3. Re: MWL Exemplar Request