Is there a tag or place in PN for Father Name as Part of Patient Identification - DICOM

This is a discussion on Is there a tag or place in PN for Father Name as Part of Patient Identification - DICOM ; Hi, In Israel and in other places with Muslem comunity, the Father Name is a part of the patient identification in a similar way to Family name. Does anyone know where to put it in DICOM? Should it be part ...

  1. Is there a tag or place in PN for Father Name as Part of Patient Identification

    Hi,

    In Israel and in other places with Muslem comunity, the Father Name is
    a part of the patient identification in a similar way to Family name.
    Does anyone know where to put it in DICOM?
    Should it be part of the Patient Name (0010,0010) attribute?
    Is there another tag for it?

    Thanks
    Roni

  2. Re: Is there a tag or place in PN for Father Name as Part of Patient Identification

    I don't ever recall see a formal method to support this. Certainly I don't
    recall any tag and the definition of Patient Name doesn't accomodate it
    directly.

    I suppose you might consider using (0010,1001) Other Patient Names in some
    way depending if the SOP classes you are using will support it.

    There is also (0010,1060) Patient's Mother's Birth Name but interestingly
    not a Fathers name. Perhaps a Change Proposal should be raised.

    Ross

    "roniza" wrote in message
    news:1147784054.782635.195710@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > In Israel and in other places with Muslem comunity, the Father Name is
    > a part of the patient identification in a similar way to Family name.
    > Does anyone know where to put it in DICOM?
    > Should it be part of the Patient Name (0010,0010) attribute?
    > Is there another tag for it?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Roni

+ Reply to Thread