WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image - DICOM

This is a discussion on WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image - DICOM ; I have been looking at theKey Object Selection Documents definition and I cannot see how to reference a specific key frame in multiframe object. Can anyone help? Thanks, ivan...

  1. WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image

    I have been looking at theKey Object Selection Documents definition and
    I cannot see how to reference a specific key frame in multiframe
    object.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks,
    ivan

  2. Re: WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image

    should be

    perlesnews@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have been looking at theKey Object Selection Documents definition and
    > I cannot see how to reference a specific key frame in multiframe
    > object.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > ivan

  3. Re: WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image

    Well Actually, I ran into the same problem and as far as I know there
    is not.
    In Gray Scale Presentation object the reference to the images is done
    using SOP CLASS UID, SOP INSTANCE UID and Referenced Frame Number
    (0008,1160) but it is missing in the refenced images sequence of the
    Key Images Notes Object.
    My suggestion is to use this tag in this tag in the key images notes as
    well for the following reasons:
    - Applications that will look for it (i.e. your application) will use
    it.
    - Other applications will simply igone it and will reference all the
    frames sequence - better then nothing.

    Roni

  4. Key Object Selection DOES include reference to frames, Re: WAS: Markingsignificant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image

    Hi Roni

    You are incorrect to state that Key Object Selection documents
    do not reference down to the frame level.

    The Key Object Selection IOD includes the SR Document Content
    Module (C.17.3), which for IMAGE value types (that are specifically
    required by PS 3.16 TID 2010 Key Object Selection) includes the
    Image Reference Macro (Table C.18.4-1), which, in addition
    to including the reference to the image itself via the Composite
    Object Reference Macro (Table C.18.3-1), also specifically includes
    Referenced Frame Number (0008,1160) in the same item, with the
    following description:

    "Identifies the frame numbers within the
    Referenced SOP Instance to which the
    reference applies. The first frame shall be
    denoted as frame number 1.

    Note: This Attribute may be multi-valued.
    Required if the Referenced SOP Instance is a
    multi-frame image and the reference does not
    apply to all frames."

    See PS 3.3 C.18.4 Image Reference Macro.

    David

    PS. The enclosing attribute in the IMAGE content item is Referenced
    SOP Sequence (0008,1199), not "referenced images sequence". See
    PS 3.3 C.18.3 Composite Object Reference Macro.

    Tianyi Lin wrote:
    > should be
    >
    >>Referenced Frame Number (0008,1160) of IMAGE REFERENCE

    > perlesnews@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>I have been looking at the Key Object Selection Documents definition and
    >>I cannot see how to reference a specific key frame in multiframe
    >>object.
    >>
    >>Can anyone help?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>ivan

  5. Re: Key Object Selection DOES include reference to frames, Re: WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image

    Yes. David is right. I missed that.
    So to refence a specific image simply add (0008,1160) if the image is
    multiframe.

  6. Re: Key Object Selection DOES include reference to frames, Re: WAS: Marking significant frames in a multi-frame UltraSound image

    Hello all

    Some time ago, I was wondering if it could not possible to reference
    frames in an alternate way.

    It is not so convenient to use Frame Numbers to reference frames in big
    multiframe images like DICOM/MPEG2 video sequences. Referencing a 20
    seconds sequence in a 25 fps video for example requires 500 Integer
    String values and 499 '\' delimiters...

    Could it be possible to introduce via a CP a type 3C alternate way to
    do it using frame ranges, in a way similar to tag (0028, 6102) in Mask
    Substraction Module ?
    Note: UL values should then be used to address the 4 GBytes maximum
    frames in a video sequence.

    Gilles

+ Reply to Thread