Localizer lines on DICOM images - DICOM

This is a discussion on Localizer lines on DICOM images - DICOM ; Dear friends, In magnetic resonance imaging with two or more series having same FrameofReferenceUID, how can I create SCOUT/LOCALIZER lines? I tried with David Clunie's Code for drawing Localizer lines on DICOM images http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...tml/part2.html . But for some series, instead ...

  1. Localizer lines on DICOM images

    Dear friends,

    In magnetic resonance imaging with two or more series having same
    FrameofReferenceUID, how can I create SCOUT/LOCALIZER lines?
    I tried with David Clunie's Code for drawing Localizer lines on DICOM
    images
    http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...tml/part2.html.
    But for some series, instead of getting a single line(i.e. out put
    rectangle's all four lines will pile up on top of each other), I am
    getting a trapezoid shape.

    Could anyone please tell me , why this phenomenon is happening and
    what is the solution for this issue?

    Thanks and Regards
    Vayanad

  2. Re: Localizer lines on DICOM images

    Perhaps because the source image and the localizer are not orthogonal ?

    Have you looked at the Image Orientation (patient) values of both images
    to see if they are not at 90 degrees ?

    alvyn@gawab.com wrote:
    > Dear friends,
    >
    > In magnetic resonance imaging with two or more series having same
    > FrameofReferenceUID, how can I create SCOUT/LOCALIZER lines?
    > I tried with David Clunie's Code for drawing Localizer lines on DICOM
    > images
    > http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...tml/part2.html.
    > But for some series, instead of getting a single line(i.e. out put
    > rectangle's all four lines will pile up on top of each other), I am
    > getting a trapezoid shape.
    >
    > Could anyone please tell me , why this phenomenon is happening and
    > what is the solution for this issue?
    >

    > Thanks and Regards
    > Vayanad

  3. Re: Localizer lines on DICOM images

    Dear David

    Thanks for the reply.

    could you please tell me how can I calculate whether both images are
    not in 90 degrees.
    Following are the details of scout image and the other image:
    /
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *************/
    Scout Image details
    ***********************
    ImagePosition - -124.839\-103.748\-15.2235
    ImageOrientation 1.0\-0.0\0.0\-0.0\0.994919\-0.100679
    Pixel Spacing 0.468757\0.468750

    width 512
    height 512

    Compare Image Details:
    ***************************
    Image Position -122.561\-81.0219\104.03
    Image Orientation
    0.998612\-0.0510888\-0.012818\-0.0\0.243354\-0.969937
    PixelSpacing 0.468751\0.468743

    width 512
    height 512

    /
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *************/

    Also, if the images are not at 90 degree, then how can I calculate
    scout lines using the calculation on your web site.

    Thanks and Regards
    Vayanad

    On Jul 11, 2:38 am, David Clunie wrote:
    > Perhaps because the source image and the localizer are not orthogonal ?
    >
    > Have you looked at the Image Orientation (patient) values of both images
    > to see if they are not at 90 degrees ?
    >
    > al...@gawab.com wrote:
    > > Dear friends,

    > > In magnetic resonance imaging with two or more series having same
    > > FrameofReferenceUID, how can I create SCOUT/LOCALIZER lines?
    > > I tried with David Clunie's Code for drawing Localizer lines on DICOM
    > > images
    > >http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...tml/part2.html.
    > > But for some series, instead of getting a single line(i.e. out put
    > > rectangle's all four lines will pile up on top of each other), I am
    > > getting a trapezoid shape.

    > > Could anyone please tell me , why this phenomenon is happening and
    > > what is the solution for this issue?

    > > Thanks and Regards
    > > Vayanad

  4. Re: Localizer lines on DICOM images

    Dear friends,

    Is there any open source code available which draws scout lines if the
    source image and the localizer are not orthogonal ?

    Thanks and Regards
    Alvin

  5. Re: Localizer lines on DICOM images

    Dear friends,

    Is there any open source code available which draws scout lines if the
    source image and the localizer are not orthogonal ?

    Thanks and Regards
    Vayanad

  6. Re: Localizer lines on DICOM images

    Have you looked at the com.pixelmed.geometry.IntersectSlice subclass
    of the LocalizerPoster in my PixelMed toolkit ?

    alvyn@gawab.com wrote:
    > Dear friends,
    >
    > Is there any open source code available which draws scout lines if the
    > source image and the localizer are not orthogonal ?
    >

    > Thanks and Regards
    > Alvin

+ Reply to Thread