how to determine Bits Stored, Bits Allocated and High Bit? - DICOM

This is a discussion on how to determine Bits Stored, Bits Allocated and High Bit? - DICOM ; Hi, I'm trying to understand this 3 concepts.. I can't seem to find this info anywhere. For JPG, by examining the img2dcm code from DCMTK, I see that it is extracted from the file. How about if I am creating ...

  1. how to determine Bits Stored, Bits Allocated and High Bit?

    Hi, I'm trying to understand this 3 concepts.. I can't seem to find
    this info anywhere.

    For JPG, by examining the img2dcm code from DCMTK, I see that it is
    extracted from the file. How about if I am creating my own 2D array of
    pixel data?

    Can anyone care to explain how to determine the Bits Stored, Bits
    Allocated and High Bit?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: how to determine Bits Stored, Bits Allocated and High Bit?

    See PS 3.5 8.1.1 "Pixel data encoding of related data elements", and
    PS 3.5 Annex D "Examples of various pixel data and overlay encoding
    schemes".

    Aimevous wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to understand this 3 concepts.. I can't seem to find
    > this info anywhere.
    >
    > For JPG, by examining the img2dcm code from DCMTK, I see that it is
    > extracted from the file. How about if I am creating my own 2D array of
    > pixel data?
    >
    > Can anyone care to explain how to determine the Bits Stored, Bits
    > Allocated and High Bit?
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread