IHE PDI - non-DICOM content under DICOM content directory? - DICOM

This is a discussion on IHE PDI - non-DICOM content under DICOM content directory? - DICOM ; Does IHE PDI allow non-DICOM content under the directory of DICOM files? IHE PDI specifies that that all DICOM content (other than the DICOMDIR, which is in the root) is under a single directory. At one time, I thought I ...

  1. IHE PDI - non-DICOM content under DICOM content directory?

    Does IHE PDI allow non-DICOM content under the directory of DICOM
    files?

    IHE PDI specifies that that all DICOM content (other than the DICOMDIR,
    which is in the root) is under a single directory. At one time, I
    thought I recalled that no non-DICOM files were allowed under that
    directory (and we're obeying that).

    Now, I'm having trouble finding this requirement in the TF?
    - Was it never there?
    - Is it there and I'm missing it?

    Thanks,
    Dan

  2. Re: IHE PDI - non-DICOM content under DICOM content directory?

    Dan Konigsbach schrieb:
    > Does IHE PDI allow non-DICOM content under the directory of DICOM
    > files?
    >
    > IHE PDI specifies that that all DICOM content (other than the DICOMDIR,
    > which is in the root) is under a single directory. At one time, I
    > thought I recalled that no non-DICOM files were allowed under that
    > directory (and we're obeying that).
    >
    > Now, I'm having trouble finding this requirement in the TF?
    > - Was it never there?
    > - Is it there and I'm missing it?

    The requirement that the "web content" must be in a separate directory named IHE_PDI is specified in
    Radiology TF Vol 2, section 4.47.4.1.2.2.2.
    The requirement that other data, i.e. data that is neither DICOM nor part of the web content, must
    be placed in a different directory again is specified in Radiology TF Vol 1, section 15.4.3
    (probably due to a formatting error). The section reads:
    "Additional data (e.g., a diagnostic report in non-DICOM format) may be also included on the
    media. Since the format of any such data is not specified by this profile, such data shall be placed
    in a separate directory on the media. If such data is referenced in the INDEX.HTM file, it shall
    be clearly indicated that this content was not generated in conformance with the IHE Radiology
    Technical Framework, and its reliable import has not been addressed."

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg

  3. Re: IHE PDI - non-DICOM content under DICOM content directory?

    Marco,

    Thank VERY, VERY much! Clearly, my mistake in overlooking it.

    All the best,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread