Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W - DICOM

This is a discussion on Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W - DICOM ; Hello there, I have a curious problem on a GE A/W. Apparently one gdcm user is not able to reconstruct a Volume based on a serie of DICOM file if the SOP Class UID is declared as Secondary Capture Image ...

  1. Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W

    Hello there,

    I have a curious problem on a GE A/W. Apparently one gdcm user is
    not able to reconstruct a Volume based on a serie of DICOM file if the
    SOP Class UID is declared as Secondary Capture Image Storage in
    0002,0002 and 0008,0016.
    Does this make sense for any of you ?

    What is wrong with the following series:
    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal.../Image0075.dcm
    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal.../Image0076.dcm
    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal.../Image0077.dcm

    Thanks,
    Mathieu

  2. Re: Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W

    Bonjour Mathieu,

    Isn't it because Secondary Capture images do not have the slice
    position and orientation information?

    Yves

    On 20 Feb 2006 13:45:29 -0800, "Mathieu Malaterre"
    wrote:

    >Hello there,
    >
    > I have a curious problem on a GE A/W. Apparently one gdcm user is
    >not able to reconstruct a Volume based on a serie of DICOM file if the
    >SOP Class UID is declared as Secondary Capture Image Storage in
    >0002,0002 and 0008,0016.
    > Does this make sense for any of you ?
    >
    >What is wrong with the following series:
    >http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal.../Image0075.dcm
    >http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal.../Image0076.dcm
    >http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal.../Image0077.dcm
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Mathieu

  3. Re: Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W

    I thought that as soon as you edit (eg resample) an image it has to
    become a Secondary Capture. So basically you are saying that by
    definition any Patient information I am passing in the header should be
    discarded...
    That's frustrating !

    Anyway thanks
    Mathieu
    Ps: Anyone understand what this means:

    Verifying Module GeneralSeries
    Warning - Optional Type 2C Conditional Element=
    Module=
    Valid Element - Type 2C Conditional Element=
    Module=

  4. Re: Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W

    Ok now if I try removing the Patient Orientation dciodvfy complains:

    ../dciodvfy Image0075.dcm
    Error - Missing attribute Type 2C Conditional
    Element= Module=

    Mathieu

  5. Re: Secondary Capture Image Storage on GE A/W

    I don't believe that is true. I've certainly seen MPR images that are
    of the same modality (e.g. CT) as the original.

    I recently wondered what are the "best practices" for filling in
    derived images:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....86dbb92259fe7e

+ Reply to Thread