DICOM Vs IHE - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM Vs IHE - DICOM ; Can anyone tell me the relation between the following terms used in DICOM and IHE (I mean which maps to which) Service Episode, Imaging Service Request, Requested Procedure, Scheduled procedure step and Performed procedure step & Visit, Study, Series, images ...

  1. DICOM Vs IHE

    Can anyone tell me the relation between the following terms used in
    DICOM and IHE (I mean which maps to which)

    Service Episode, Imaging Service Request, Requested Procedure,
    Scheduled procedure step and Performed procedure step & Visit, Study,
    Series, images & MPPS

  2. Re: DICOM Vs IHE

    DICOM is the industry standard for the transferal of radiologic images
    and other medical information between computers. DICOM enables digital
    communications between diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and systems
    from various manufacturers.

    Standards like DICOM, HL7 are never work alone.

    IHE is an initiative promoting and supporting the integration of
    systems in the healthcare enterprise. .

    For other details like study, series, image visit this link.
    http://medical.nema.org/

    sujuparavatty@rediffmail.com wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me the relation between the following terms used in
    > DICOM and IHE (I mean which maps to which)
    >
    > Service Episode, Imaging Service Request, Requested Procedure,
    > Scheduled procedure step and Performed procedure step & Visit, Study,
    > Series, images & MPPS

+ Reply to Thread