dicom hardware? - DICOM

This is a discussion on dicom hardware? - DICOM ; Hi I am computer engineer. I have been working for 3 years as computer technician/network administrator/hardware and software tester. Now I am working as a computer technician for a company which sale PACS server. I install PACS server etc. I ...

  1. dicom hardware?

    Hi
    I am computer engineer. I have been working for 3 years as computer
    technician/network administrator/hardware and software tester. Now I am
    working as a computer technician for a company which sale PACS server.
    I install PACS server etc.
    I like this area but I am not sure which direction I should go. I want
    to stay in hardware side. I am thinking about Dicom. Can I specialize
    in Dicom (Hardware)? is there anything called dicom hardware? I hear
    Dicom a lot... any area you think it is good and related to dicom??
    thanks a lot in advanced.

  2. Re: dicom hardware?

    Hi!
    there is no such thing as DICOM hardware. DICOM is a standard (Digital
    Imaging and Communications in Medicine). DICOM software can be
    installed on any computer. to get an idea, you should start by reding
    this:
    http://rsna.org/Technology/DICOM/index.cfm

    then google DICOM some more. there are lots of resorces.
    let me know if you have any questions.

    good luck!

+ Reply to Thread