Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools - DICOM

This is a discussion on Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools - DICOM ; I had the misfortune for working with a company that was using the LeadTools Imaging Library, and was forced to use their DICOM library as a result. I had no problems with the imaging LeadTools, but the DICOM libraries were ...

  1. Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    I had the misfortune for working with a company that was using the
    LeadTools Imaging Library, and was forced to use their DICOM library as
    a result. I had no problems with the imaging LeadTools, but the DICOM
    libraries were and are still atrocious.
    Support is the pits, they had 1 person to support the entire DICOm
    section of the Library, and when i needed help he was on vacation for 2
    weeks. So make a choice, OFFISCMTK, Davis, Merge, EZDicom, or even
    DICOM Objects by Medical Connections, just save yourself a lot of grief
    and pain and do not choose the LeadTools Libraries.

  2. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    Hi,
    They have a new release out, version 14.5. I was thinking about
    purchasing it, but was a little put off by their runtime licensing
    fees. What would you recommend for doing dicom development in .net?

  3. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    Hello

    Please look at this web site for .net toolkits
    http://www.laurelbridge.com/dcfindex.html. I evaluated it looks good. I
    am not sure of their commercials.

    Also try http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvt/. They have some .net
    components. I am in the process of evaluation.

    Apart from these, the gaints are

    www.pegasustools.com/medxpress.htm
    www.accusoft.com
    www.leadtools.com
    Merge Toolkit -
    http://www.merge.com/products/develo...s/toolkits.asp

    with regards
    Ravindran Padmanbhan.

  4. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    TDwyer wrote:
    > Hi,
    > They have a new release out, version 14.5. I was thinking about
    > purchasing it, but was a little put off by their runtime licensing
    > fees. What would you recommend for doing dicom development in .net?

    We used LEAD Dicom tools a couple of versions back. Besides being
    immature and buggy, they have run time royalties that can be disabling
    to certain business models. While they may have fixed some of the bugs,
    I rather doubt they've changed their royalty model.

    -Kelly

  5. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    Hi,

    Within the DVTk project they are currently developing a set of easier
    to handle .net components.

    - High Level Interface (easy access to all DVTk functionality
    send/receive/create/validate objects), some basic examples can be found
    on
    http://www.dvtk.org/modules/newbb/vi...5#forumpost115.
    - DICOM Client/Servers
    - IHE Layer (DVTk functionality wrapped in a IHE contex)

    More information will be posted about these developments within a
    couple of weeks.

  6. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    Are the DVTk components usable for creating a real application to use
    in production, or are they only for designed for testing purposes?
    Will you post the information about the new developments here?
    TIA
    Tom

  7. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    TDwyer wrote:
    > Are the DVTk components usable for creating a real application to use
    > in production, or are they only for designed for testing purposes?
    > Will you post the information about the new developments here?
    > TIA
    > Tom

    Hi Tom,

    The main development focus of the DVTk components are related to
    validation. But because we want to be able to similate all kind of
    DICOM behaviour the functionality provided by the DVTk components is
    much more than validation only. The DVTk supports for instance
    Multi-treadding.

    I do not know any real production application which were build on the
    DVTk components. We are planning to build some service tools in the
    near future (emulators, network analyser, etc.)

    The DVTk compoments and tooling are open source (LGPL). Everyone is
    free to use it, but the code comes as is without warranty either
    expressed or implied.

    Gerard

  8. Re: Any Choice is Better Than LeadTools

    We have a DICOM.NET C# SDK
    http://www.mydicom.net

    "TDwyer" wrote in message
    news:1138708675.245491.151390@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    > They have a new release out, version 14.5. I was thinking about
    > purchasing it, but was a little put off by their runtime licensing
    > fees. What would you recommend for doing dicom development in .net?

+ Reply to Thread