What's a DICOMDIR - DICOM

This is a discussion on What's a DICOMDIR - DICOM ; Hi, I'm trying to create a DICOMDIR using php, what are the main features of a DICOMDIR? It 'just a directory with DICOM files inside or is there something else that I need to know?...

  1. What's a DICOMDIR

    Hi, I'm trying to create a DICOMDIR using php, what are the main
    features of a DICOMDIR? It 'just a directory with DICOM files inside
    or is there something else that I need to know?

  2. Re: What's a DICOMDIR

    On Jul 8, 7:37*pm, "gnu.n...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to create a DICOMDIR using php, what are the main
    > features of a DICOMDIR? It 'just a directory with DICOM files inside
    > or is there something else that I need to know?

    Hi,

    As per DICOM this is the definition of DICOMDIR.
    DICOMDIR File: A unique and mandatory DICOM File within a File-set
    which contains the Media Storage
    Directory SOP Class. This File is given a single component File ID,
    DICOMDIR.

    Please refer to DICOM standards part 10 document to get more
    information on DICOMDIR.
    DICOMDIR does not contain other dicom files inside, but it contents
    the references to the files which are contained in the File-Set for
    which the DICOMDIR is made.

    All the Best!

    -PacificPrashant

  3. Re: What's a DICOMDIR

    gnu.nico@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to create a DICOMDIR using php, what are the main
    > features of a DICOMDIR? It 'just a directory with DICOM files inside
    > or is there something else that I need to know?

    The DICOMDIR references files, rather than contains them.

    The use of the DICOMDIR is defined in PS 3.10 6.2.3.3 "DICOM
    Medical Information Directory", and its contents are defined
    by PS 3.3 Annex F "Basic Directory Information Object Definition".

    It is non-trivial to build and you will require a toolkit to do
    it.

    David

  4. Re: What's a DICOMDIR

    On Jul 8, 4:37*pm, "gnu.n...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to create a DICOMDIR using php, what are the main
    > features of a DICOMDIR? It 'just a directory with DICOM files inside
    > or is there something else that I need to know?

    A DICOMDIR will reference those DICOM files (=DICOM File Set). See
    DICOM Part 12 , Annex F. So it's not just a directory, but a special
    DICOM Dataset.

    As a side note, GDCM is written in C++, but offer a wrapped layer in
    PHP4 (using swig):

    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...CM_Release_2.0

    HTH
    -Mathieu

  5. Re: What's a DICOMDIR

    On Jul 8, 4:37 pm, "gnu.n...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to create a DICOMDIR using php, what are the main
    > features of a DICOMDIR? It 'just a directory with DICOM files inside
    > or is there something else that I need to know?

    Hi,

    A DICOMDIR is not a "directory"...but a file that contains a reference
    to a specific set of DICOM files (wisely called file-set). Like a
    pointer to a set of files hierarchically organized tree-like in
    Patient, Study, Series and Instances. This file is therefore used in
    addition to all the files referenced by it to define a set of files
    (for media storage, etc...). More info can be found in the Part 10 of
    the DICOM standard.

    hope it helps,
    Jordi

+ Reply to Thread