Converting dicom to jpeg with java - DICOM

This is a discussion on Converting dicom to jpeg with java - DICOM ; Hi everybody, I want to convert dicom images to jpeg/png images with java. When i write codes, there is always return error (getFormatName) in ImageIO. Then I found out, there is no format name like dicom,DICOM or dcm. How can ...

  1. Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    Hi everybody,
    I want to convert dicom images to jpeg/png images with java.
    When i write codes, there is always return error (getFormatName) in
    ImageIO. Then I found out, there is no format name like dicom,DICOM or
    dcm. How can I fix it? Its immediate. I appriciate if anyone help me
    Best Regard
    Alev

  2. Re: Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    There is a Java Image IO Reader implementation for DICOM and a dcm2jpg
    command line utility in the OSS DICOM implementation
    "dcm4che" (www.dcm4che.org ).

    On Jul 7, 10:14*am, alevtamer wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    > I want to convert dicom images to jpeg/png images with java.
    > When i write codes, there is always return error (getFormatName) in
    > ImageIO. Then I found out, there is no format name like dicom,DICOM or
    > dcm. How can I fix it? Its immediate. I appriciate if anyone help me
    > Best Regard
    > Alev

  3. Re: Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    On Jul 7, 3:14*am, alevtamer wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    > I want to convert dicom images to jpeg/png images with java.
    > When i write codes, there is always return error (getFormatName) in
    > ImageIO. Then I found out, there is no format name like dicom,DICOM or
    > dcm. How can I fix it? Its immediate. I appriciate if anyone help me
    > Best Regard
    > Alev

    You should have a look at the dcm2jpg utility in the dcm4che DICOM
    toolkit: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=192320.
    Links to the support forums, wiki, and issue tracking system are
    available off the http://www.dcm4che.org home page.

    -- Damien

  4. Re: Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    Hi, look for the code at this place
    http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/docs/source...ICOM.java.html

    Shaji.

  5. Re: Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    On 8 Temmuz, 18:45, damien wrote:
    > On Jul 7, 3:14*am, alevtamer wrote:
    >
    > > Hi everybody,
    > > I want to convert dicom images to jpeg/png images with java.
    > > When i write codes, there is always return error (getFormatName) in
    > > ImageIO. Then I found out, there is no format name like dicom,DICOM or
    > > dcm. How can I fix it? Its immediate. I appriciate if anyone help me
    > > Best Regard
    > > Alev

    > You should have a look at the dcm2jpg utility in the dcm4che DICOM
    > toolkit:http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...7982&package_i....
    > Links to the support forums, wiki, and issue tracking system are
    > available off thehttp://www.dcm4che.orghome page.
    >
    > *-- Damien

    Thank you for your help. I tried dcm2jpg code and it works for single
    frame dicom file. I need to work with angiograph or multiframe dicom
    files. I tried it but not worked. How can I convert multiframe dicom
    files to jpeg files?
    Best Regards
    Alev

  6. Re: Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    On Jul 10, 1:03*am, alevtamer wrote:

    > Thank you for your help. I tried dcm2jpg code and it works for single
    > frame dicom file. I need to work with angiograph or multiframe dicom
    > files. I tried it but not worked. How can I convert multiframe dicom
    > files to jpeg files?
    > Best Regards
    > Alev

    Fixed by Gunter. See http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums...D=609&tstart=0,
    and http://www.dcm4che.org/jira/browse/DCM-216 for the patch.

    -- Damien

  7. Re: Converting dicom to jpeg with java

    > Fixed by Gunter. *Seehttp://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=609&tstart=0,
    > andhttp://www.dcm4che.org/jira/browse/DCM-216for the patch.
    >
    > *-- Damien

    No it doesn't work form me. For example i have dicom angio image which
    have 30 frames. I want to convert all 30 frames to 30 jpegs. Then i
    can convert 30 jpegs to mpeg or avi.
    My main wish is convert multiframe dicom images to movie file. (mpeg,
    avi, 3gp or mp4) I need help for this situation. I appriciate if you
    can help.
    Thank you so much.

    Best Regards

+ Reply to Thread