Pixelmed Suggestion - DICOM

This is a discussion on Pixelmed Suggestion - DICOM ; Hi everybody! Working with the Pixelmed JavaToolkit following problem appeared... In the class com.pixelmed.dicom.ImageToDicom, there is a System.exit(0) in the catch-block. So if the conversion from an RGB-image to a DICOM-file does not succeed, the JVM terminates. This is a ...

  1. Pixelmed Suggestion

    Hi everybody!

    Working with the Pixelmed JavaToolkit following problem appeared...

    In the class com.pixelmed.dicom.ImageToDicom, there is a System.exit(0)
    in the catch-block. So if the conversion from an RGB-image to a
    DICOM-file does not succeed, the JVM terminates.
    This is a big problem, as the JVM stops, and for example if your
    application runs on a webserver, this one will stop working, too.

    So I would suggest to remove the line "System.exit(0)" from this class.

    Any comments?

    Greetings
    Stef

  2. System.exit(0) in com.pixelmed.dicom.ImageToDicom, was Re: PixelmedSuggestion

    Hi Stef

    Good point. Fixed in today's release.

    David

    StrongSteve wrote:
    > Hi everybody!
    >
    > Working with the Pixelmed JavaToolkit following problem appeared...
    >
    > In the class com.pixelmed.dicom.ImageToDicom, there is a System.exit(0)
    > in the catch-block. So if the conversion from an RGB-image to a
    > DICOM-file does not succeed, the JVM terminates.
    > This is a big problem, as the JVM stops, and for example if your
    > application runs on a webserver, this one will stop working, too.
    >
    > So I would suggest to remove the line "System.exit(0)" from this class.
    >
    > Any comments?
    >
    > Greetings
    > Stef

+ Reply to Thread