DR Systems pursuing small companies over patent 5,452,416 - DICOM

This is a discussion on DR Systems pursuing small companies over patent 5,452,416 - DICOM ; Hi I was really disappointed today to hear that DR Systems is pursuing various companies over alleged infringement of a patent, whose claims would seem on the face of it likely to be invalidated by prior art, but against which ...

  1. DR Systems pursuing small companies over patent 5,452,416

    Hi

    I was really disappointed today to hear that DR Systems is
    pursuing various companies over alleged infringement of a
    patent, whose claims would seem on the face of it likely
    to be invalidated by prior art, but against which the cost
    of mounting a defense would in many cases be prohibitive.

    Regardless of the merits, I find it sad that a company
    that has benefited so much from the free contributions of others
    in terms of standards and software and academic presentations
    should pursue such a course of action.

    David

  2. Re: DR Systems pursuing small companies over patent 5,452,416

    David,

    Can you disclose more of the specifics of this issue.
    I see mention of the patent. Are there any links that we can find
    about the lawsuits?

    Mitchell

  3. Re: DR Systems pursuing small companies over patent 5,452,416

    just fyi about patent itself: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5452416.html

    Igor

    wrote in message
    news:1126076931.826259.94380@g44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > David,
    >
    > Can you disclose more of the specifics of this issue.
    > I see mention of the patent. Are there any links that we can find
    > about the lawsuits?
    >
    > Mitchell

+ Reply to Thread