ultrasound images to dicom conversion - DICOM

This is a discussion on ultrasound images to dicom conversion - DICOM ; Hi all, I just want to know how to convert old ultrasound images to DICOM and In which format the old ultrasound images are present. Thanks, Rupali...

  1. ultrasound images to dicom conversion

    Hi all,

    I just want to know how to convert old ultrasound images to DICOM
    and
    In which format the old ultrasound images are present.

    Thanks,

    Rupali

  2. Re: ultrasound images to dicom conversion

    On Jul 4, 11:31 am, Rupali wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just want to know how to convert old ultrasound images to DICOM
    > and
    > In which format the old ultrasound images are present.

    Hi Rupali,

    I think you need to see the problem the other way around. Once you
    know in which format your old ultrasound images are, then we can help
    you in converting those -if possible- to DICOM.

    HTH
    -Mathieu

  3. Re: ultrasound images to dicom conversion

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 02:31:37 -0700 (PDT), Rupali
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I just want to know how to convert old ultrasound images to DICOM
    >and
    >In which format the old ultrasound images are present.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Rupali

    Hum... A did a long answer to this thread, but apparently my post
    didn't get to the news group...

    So, here it is again: (a shorter version I'm afraid)

    The most common ultrasound formats are DEFF and DSR, both are based on
    TIFF, so you could probably do a converter by modifying a TIFF reader.

    An easy way to know if your images are DSR or DEFF is to drop one on
    TomoVision, my free viewer. the technical overlay will give you
    (among other things) the file format.

    You can also see a list of the different ultrasound formats I know of
    at: http://www.tomovision.com/products/format_image.htm

    And if your images are in a format my software does recognize, then,
    since the ultrasound format license is only $500, maybe you can use
    DICOMatic instead of having to write (and debug) the program from
    scratch...

    Yves

+ Reply to Thread