GE 3D Ultrasound data file format - DICOM

This is a discussion on GE 3D Ultrasound data file format - DICOM ; Hi, I'm a computer science student from the university of Erlangen, Germany. I have a problem and hope somebody here is able to help me. For my student research project I have to read data of a GE 3D ultrasound ...

  1. GE 3D Ultrasound data file format

    Hi,

    I'm a computer science student from the university of Erlangen, Germany.
    I have a problem and hope somebody here is able to help me. For my
    student research project I have to read data of a GE 3D ultrasound
    device (it's a V730, I think). I received some files from the hospital
    but I'm unable to read them. Some of them are Dicom files but opened
    they only show a 2D image screenshot. The volume data is inclueded in
    (I guess) files with the ending .V00. But I don't know how to extract
    this information.

    I already searched the archives and found a post to this newsgroup in
    2003 including the same (?) problem but without a solution. I found out
    that the file format is (probably) called "Cartesian Kretz V730 volume
    data file format".

    Does anybody know how to read this kind of file format?

    Regards,
    Christian

  2. Re: GE 3D Ultrasound data file format

    "Christian Kollee" schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag

    hi!

    The files included a raw data format in private dicom tags.

    I think, u have no chance to read out the information of the
    raw data.

    greets

  3. Re: GE 3D Ultrasound data file format

    Funke Kaiser schrieb

    > The files included a raw data format in private dicom tags.
    >
    > I think, u have no chance to read out the information of the
    > raw data.

    Is there no common standard for 3d data?

    Sabine

  4. Re: GE 3D Ultrasound data file format

    "Sabine Wolf" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Funke Kaiser schrieb
    >
    >> The files included a raw data format in private dicom tags.
    >>
    >> I think, u have no chance to read out the information of the
    >> raw data.

    > Is there no common standard for 3d data?

    Possible, but it's a proprietary format in private tags.

  5. Re: GE 3D Ultrasound data file format

    Bonjour Christian,

    Kretzfile is among the image formats that can be viewed by TomoVision
    (our free viewer) and converted to DICOM with DICOMatic.

    Both can be downloaded from www.TomoVision.com

    Merci,

    Yves

    On 8 Jul 2005 11:41:02 GMT, Christian Kollee
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm a computer science student from the university of Erlangen, Germany.
    >I have a problem and hope somebody here is able to help me. For my
    >student research project I have to read data of a GE 3D ultrasound
    >device (it's a V730, I think). I received some files from the hospital
    >but I'm unable to read them. Some of them are Dicom files but opened
    >they only show a 2D image screenshot. The volume data is inclueded in
    >(I guess) files with the ending .V00. But I don't know how to extract
    >this information.
    >
    >I already searched the archives and found a post to this newsgroup in
    >2003 including the same (?) problem but without a solution. I found out
    >that the file format is (probably) called "Cartesian Kretz V730 volume
    >data file format".
    >
    >Does anybody know how to read this kind of file format?
    >
    >Regards,
    > Christian

  6. Re: GE 3D Ultrasound data file format

    Hi;

    I am working on a project that uses GE V730 US machine to real-time guide laproscopic tools in surgery. I need to convert the 3D/4D output from the GE machine to a standard CAD format (say STL), so that my own algorithm could segment and identify the organs' positions in real-time. Does anyone know that format of GE US raw output ?

    Thanks.

    Fun Wey

+ Reply to Thread