DICOM raw SPECT data (IRIX, Philips) - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM raw SPECT data (IRIX, Philips) - DICOM ; Hello, recently I experienced some problems with DICOM raw (projection data) from a triple head gamma camera (IRIX, Philips). I am concerned about a few issues. - the DICOM file does not contain information about the head-number - eventhough I ...

  1. DICOM raw SPECT data (IRIX, Philips)

    Hello,

    recently I experienced some problems with DICOM raw (projection data) from a
    triple head gamma camera (IRIX, Philips). I am concerned about a few issues.

    - the DICOM file does not contain information about the head-number
    - eventhough I ordered for a Clockwise rotation, the DICOM file contains the
    notation CCW (counter-clockwise).
    - there is no reference to the protocol that was used, e.g. brain SPECT,
    bone SPECT, ...
    - the IRIX gamma camera has VT-technology, which means that the head can
    move tangentially. Again, no information about that movement or reference to
    the offset (could be interesting for fanbeam collimation ...).
    - data is not chronologically sorted, eventhough head 2 starts at an offset
    of 120 degrees and performes a 360 orbit, this information is not contained
    in the DICOM file. All startangles are set to that of head 1.
    - there is no reference to the head orientation (120, 90, 180 degrees)

    Are there any medical physicist or other people that are familiar with these
    problems, having an IRIX system, or experience similar problems with raw
    SPECT data. Philips has taken notice of this problem. But I have not
    received any official reply.

    Kristof Baete
    Medical Physicist
    Department of Nuclear Medicine
    Catholic University Leuven
    University Hospital Gasthuisberg
    Belgium

  2. Re: DICOM raw SPECT data (IRIX, Philips)

    I have forgotten to mention that there are some hidden fields in the DICOM
    file, could they contain the necessary information.
    Anybody looked into that?

    Kristof

    "kristof baete" schreef in bericht
    > Hello,
    >
    > recently I experienced some problems with DICOM raw (projection data) from
    > a triple head gamma camera (IRIX, Philips). I am concerned about a few
    > issues.
    >
    > - the DICOM file does not contain information about the head-number
    > - eventhough I ordered for a Clockwise rotation, the DICOM file contains
    > the notation CCW (counter-clockwise).
    > - there is no reference to the protocol that was used, e.g. brain SPECT,
    > bone SPECT, ...
    > - the IRIX gamma camera has VT-technology, which means that the head can
    > move tangentially. Again, no information about that movement or reference
    > to the offset (could be interesting for fanbeam collimation ...).
    > - data is not chronologically sorted, eventhough head 2 starts at an
    > offset of 120 degrees and performes a 360 orbit, this information is not
    > contained in the DICOM file. All startangles are set to that of head 1.
    > - there is no reference to the head orientation (120, 90, 180 degrees)
    >
    > Are there any medical physicist or other people that are familiar with
    > these problems, having an IRIX system, or experience similar problems with
    > raw SPECT data. Philips has taken notice of this problem. But I have not
    > received any official reply.
    >
    > Kristof Baete
    > Medical Physicist
    > Department of Nuclear Medicine