CSI protocol (off topic) - DICOM

This is a discussion on CSI protocol (off topic) - DICOM ; Hello, My question is a little of the topic of DICOM (sorry about that) but You are familiar with medical systems so maybe somebody knows the answer. I'm looking for details about CSI protocol used by General Electrics Medical Systems ...

  1. CSI protocol (off topic)

    Hello,

    My question is a little of the topic of DICOM (sorry about that) but You are
    familiar with medical systems so maybe somebody knows the answer.

    I'm looking for details about CSI protocol used by General Electrics Medical
    Systems (GEMS) in devices like ECG MAC1200ST. This is transmission protocol
    via RS232 and I would like to integrate such device with my software on PC,
    but there is no information about the protocol.

    Can anyone help me?

  2. Re: CSI protocol (off topic)

    Never heard of "CSI Protocol" in relationship with ECG/EKG or anything
    else for that matter. However, there is a company call Criticare
    Systems Inc (CSI) which makes vital signs monitors, include multi-lead
    ECG monitors. They are coincidentally located in Waukesha WI, just down
    the road "a piece" from the big GEMS plant. It is entirely possible
    they may OEM their equipment to GE. Suggest you might contact the
    company to determine whether they are in fact the manufacture of the
    system you're looking at and whether they might have some technical
    specifications on their equipment outputs. URL is
    http://www.csiusa.com/

  3. Re: CSI protocol (off topic)

    Thanks for response. Below is a part of extracted texts from GE Medical
    Systems (GEMS IT) Service Manual and Operator's manual of the MAC1200ST.
    There you can find short information about transmission functionality by
    using the CSI protocol. Maybe it will guide somebody to solution which I'm
    looking for..

    Best Regards!

    --------------------
    Device description
    The MAC1200/1200 ST is a portable electrocardiograph with an integrated
    printing unit, in addition, the following features are included:
    - Automatic mode with CSI protocol for transmission
    (...)(...)
    Protocol
    The recorder offers two communication protocols:"A5" and "CSI" (Client
    Server Interface, MAC1200 / 1200 ST only). With the "A5" protocol, the
    10-second resting ECG can be transmitted to CardioSys and CardioSoft. The
    CSI protocol supports the transfer of resting ECGs from the
    electrocardiograph to a MUSE CV system.
    (...)
    (...)
    These ECGs can be sent to CardioSys / CardioSoft (A5 protocol) or to the
    MUSE CV system (CSI protocol)
    (...)

+ Reply to Thread