writing custom header data - DICOM

This is a discussion on writing custom header data - DICOM ; Hi, I have been given the task of either finding or making software that will be used in a research project to help organize a bunch of DICOM image files for analysis. Situation is this... We obtained about .3TB of ...

  1. writing custom header data

    Hi,

    I have been given the task of either finding or making software that
    will be used in a research project to help organize a bunch of DICOM
    image files for analysis. Situation is this...

    We obtained about .3TB of images taken for a multi-center study.
    Unfortunately, there was no standard for entering data in Patient Group
    (0010), and we plan to go through the files and do some editing of the
    header information and then shoot the images to a dicom receiver that
    will put save them into an appropriate directory structure based on the
    revised header info we supply.

    So what I need to do is to be able to edit header information in hte
    patient group. What I'd actually like to do is just add the correct
    header info into a new group. Can I use a private group for this? How
    do I pick the group number?

    I have written a program in delphi using ezDICOM that will allow the
    user to easily group and select all images by patient, series, etc.
    Now i just need to write to the header of each of the selected files.
    Any suggestions for toolkits that would be useful for this in delphi?

    Any comments are greatly appreciated...and my apologies for my very
    naive questions!

    thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: writing custom header data

    Hello,

    you can use PowerDicom to edit the header data of any file easily. This
    can be done either interactively or automatically (e.g. by using a
    script).
    A trial edition of PowerDicom is available on
    http://www.dicom-solutions.com/powerdicom.shtm.

    Greetings
    Marianne

+ Reply to Thread