CD burning - DICOM

This is a discussion on CD burning - DICOM ; Hi, I have a question about way to burn DICOM study on a CD-R. We have bought au sation to burn CD. We send study to this station in DICOM (DICOM STORE), the station receive image and we the association ...

  1. CD burning

    Hi,

    I have a question about way to burn DICOM study on a CD-R.
    We have bought au sation to burn CD. We send study to this station in DICOM
    (DICOM STORE), the station receive image and we the association is finish,
    the CD is burned.
    We now have a station which seems to send studies by sending X serie with X
    association. So we have X CD unless to have one for the study.

    Me question is : who is right ?? it's the burning station : One study = one
    association, or one sutdy may be sended with many association
    ..
    Regards,

  2. Re: CD burning

    The standard does not specify any semantics related to how many
    associations are needed to store something. Indeed one could
    send one image per association if one wanted to.

    Nor, on the other hand, does the standard say anything about
    CD burner behavior, except in the Media Creation Management
    service, which was specifically added to address these sorts
    of problems, but which has not yet been implemented as far as
    I know.

    A CD burner that assumes that all images in a study will come on
    a single association is a very poor design.

    Probably better to have some sort of time out heuristics that make
    an effort to wait for all the images no matter how many
    associations it takes.

    David

    llecomte2@wanadoo.fr wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question about way to burn DICOM study on a CD-R.
    > We have bought au sation to burn CD. We send study to this station in DICOM
    > (DICOM STORE), the station receive image and we the association is finish,
    > the CD is burned.
    > We now have a station which seems to send studies by sending X serie with X
    > association. So we have X CD unless to have one for the study.
    >
    > Me question is : who is right ?? it's the burning station : One study = one
    > association, or one study may be sended with many association
    > .
    > Regards,

  3. Re: CD burning

    llecomte2@wanadoo.fr a écrit :

    > We now have a station which seems to send studies by sending X serie

    with X
    > association. So we have X CD unless to have one for the study.

    Our burning robots are working as follow to create a CD for one patient:

    - wait for Dicom images
    - creates a process when receiving images (one process per patient name/ID)
    - add every images received with the same patient name/ID to this
    running process whatever the number of associations created
    - when last image is received, it waits for xx seconds (30s by default)
    and starts burn the CD if no more images are received

    So you get 1CD per patient (depending of the amount of data of coarse)
    and you're able to adjust timeout settings depending on modalities or
    network loads.

    Antoine

+ Reply to Thread