Referenced Study Sequence, Referenced SOP Class UID value? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Referenced Study Sequence, Referenced SOP Class UID value? - DICOM ; Hello to all: I'm working on a MWL and a MPPS server. I have been readed the PS 3.4 Annex K, PS 4.3 F.7, PS 3.17 Annex J (formely called Annex M of PS 3.4), related IHE transactions and IHE ...

  1. Referenced Study Sequence, Referenced SOP Class UID value?

    Hello to all:

    I'm working on a MWL and a MPPS server. I have been readed the PS 3.4
    Annex K, PS 4.3 F.7, PS 3.17 Annex J (formely called Annex M of PS
    3.4), related IHE transactions and IHE vol. II Appendix A, etc...

    After these readings, there are something that makes me to doubt: what
    must be the value of attributes inside the Referenced Study Sequence
    that a MWL server shall return to the modality?

    The IHE recomendacion IHE-23 of Appendix A in the Radiology Technical
    Framework said us what will be the value for the Referenced Study SOP
    Instance UID:

    "(IHE-23) In the Query Modality Worklist provided by an Order Filler,
    the Referenced Study Sequence shall contain only one item. Furthermore,
    the Study SOP Instance UID contained in the Referenced Study Sequence
    shall contain the same UID value as the Study Instance UID for a
    Requested Procedure. This UID value is also conveyed to the Image
    Manager in the Study UID field of the Procedure Scheduled transaction."

    But it doesn't mention the value for Referenced SOP Class UID. It could
    be expected that this value is the SOP Class UID of the products that
    the scheduled modality will be produce (e.g. Referenced SOP Class UID =
    1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 for a CT modality). However, how about a
    modality that it can to create several storage SOP Classes?

    I hope that I have been explain my doubt and thanks in advance

    Ramon

  2. Re: Referenced Study Sequence, Referenced SOP Class UID value?

    Whenever one references a study like this, one uses the UID
    of the Detached Study Management SOP Class.

    David

    joseramon@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello to all:
    >
    > I'm working on a MWL and a MPPS server. I have been readed the PS 3.4
    > Annex K, PS 4.3 F.7, PS 3.17 Annex J (formely called Annex M of PS
    > 3.4), related IHE transactions and IHE vol. II Appendix A, etc...
    >
    > After these readings, there are something that makes me to doubt: what
    > must be the value of attributes inside the Referenced Study Sequence
    > that a MWL server shall return to the modality?
    >
    > The IHE recomendacion IHE-23 of Appendix A in the Radiology Technical
    > Framework said us what will be the value for the Referenced Study SOP
    > Instance UID:
    >
    > "(IHE-23) In the Query Modality Worklist provided by an Order Filler,
    > the Referenced Study Sequence shall contain only one item. Furthermore,
    > the Study SOP Instance UID contained in the Referenced Study Sequence
    > shall contain the same UID value as the Study Instance UID for a
    > Requested Procedure. This UID value is also conveyed to the Image
    > Manager in the Study UID field of the Procedure Scheduled transaction."
    >
    > But it doesn't mention the value for Referenced SOP Class UID. It could
    > be expected that this value is the SOP Class UID of the products that
    > the scheduled modality will be produce (e.g. Referenced SOP Class UID =
    > 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 for a CT modality). However, how about a
    > modality that it can to create several storage SOP Classes?
    >
    > I hope that I have been explain my doubt and thanks in advance
    >
    > Ramon

  3. Re: Referenced Study Sequence, Referenced SOP Class UID value?

    Oh! so easy?! Thank you very much again, David!!

    David Clunie ha escrito:
    > Whenever one references a study like this, one uses the UID
    > of the Detached Study Management SOP Class.
    >
    > David
    >
    > joseramon@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hello to all:
    > >
    > > I'm working on a MWL and a MPPS server. I have been readed the PS 3.4
    > > Annex K, PS 4.3 F.7, PS 3.17 Annex J (formely called Annex M of PS
    > > 3.4), related IHE transactions and IHE vol. II Appendix A, etc...
    > >
    > > After these readings, there are something that makes me to doubt: what
    > > must be the value of attributes inside the Referenced Study Sequence
    > > that a MWL server shall return to the modality?
    > >
    > > The IHE recomendacion IHE-23 of Appendix A in the Radiology Technical
    > > Framework said us what will be the value for the Referenced Study SOP
    > > Instance UID:
    > >
    > > "(IHE-23) In the Query Modality Worklist provided by an Order Filler,
    > > the Referenced Study Sequence shall contain only one item. Furthermore,
    > > the Study SOP Instance UID contained in the Referenced Study Sequence
    > > shall contain the same UID value as the Study Instance UID for a
    > > Requested Procedure. This UID value is also conveyed to the Image
    > > Manager in the Study UID field of the Procedure Scheduled transaction."
    > >
    > > But it doesn't mention the value for Referenced SOP Class UID. It could
    > > be expected that this value is the SOP Class UID of the products that
    > > the scheduled modality will be produce (e.g. Referenced SOP Class UID =
    > > 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 for a CT modality). However, how about a
    > > modality that it can to create several storage SOP Classes?
    > >
    > > I hope that I have been explain my doubt and thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Ramon

+ Reply to Thread