IOD (SOP Class) unrecognized - DICOM

This is a discussion on IOD (SOP Class) unrecognized - DICOM ; Hi Everybody! I tried to generate a DICOM image from an bitmap-file with the Pixelmed Toolkit, and after setting some attribtues and saving the DICOM-image I saved it to the HDD. Lateron I tried the DicomInstanceValidator to check my generated ...

  1. IOD (SOP Class) unrecognized

    Hi Everybody!

    I tried to generate a DICOM image from an bitmap-file with the Pixelmed
    Toolkit, and after setting some attribtues and saving the DICOM-image I
    saved it to the HDD.

    Lateron I tried the DicomInstanceValidator to check my generated image
    and I got the following error:

    "IOD (SOP Class) unrecognized"

    What does that mean?

    Thanks in Advance!
    Stef

  2. Re: IOD (SOP Class) unrecognized

    Hi Stef

    The validator in the PixelMed toolkit is only set up to check the
    new Enhanced CT and MR, Spectroscopy and Raw Data SOP Classes at
    the moment (this functionality was created for the NEMA project).

    If you want to check other SOP Classes for validity, for the time
    being you need to use another tool, like dciodvfy from my
    dicom3tools.

    David

    StrongSteve wrote:

    > Hi Everybody!
    >
    > I tried to generate a DICOM image from an bitmap-file with the Pixelmed
    > Toolkit, and after setting some attribtues and saving the DICOM-image I
    > saved it to the HDD.
    >
    > Lateron I tried the DicomInstanceValidator to check my generated image
    > and I got the following error:
    >
    > "IOD (SOP Class) unrecognized"
    >
    > What does that mean?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!