General Information on DICOM - DICOM

This is a discussion on General Information on DICOM - DICOM ; Hi everybody! I am a student at the FH Hagenberg and I study Software Engineering for Medical Purposes, now in the third year. I have to make a project dealing with creating DICOM images from bmp and jpeg images in ...

  1. General Information on DICOM

    Hi everybody!

    I am a student at the FH Hagenberg and I study Software Engineering for
    Medical Purposes, now in the third year.

    I have to make a project dealing with creating DICOM images from bmp
    and jpeg images in Java.

    So I would need some basic information in DICOM and some information on
    creating DICOM images with Java, writing the header and so on...

    Could you be so kind and give me some information in these topics or
    tell me who to contact therefore? I already tried searching the web,
    but with little success...

    Thank you in advance!

    Yours
    Stefan

  2. Re: General Information on DICOM

    Currently I am using the Pixelmed DICOM Toolbox.
    Is this a library, you normaly use?

    Personally I find it quite comfortable...

    Thanks in Advance!
    Stef

  3. Re: General Information on DICOM

    Hy Stefan.

    If you do a google search on this newsgroup for "toolkit" you'll find
    many of references to dicom toolkits. Most of them converge to a few
    well-known and widely used toolkits, such as your already tried
    Pixelmed, Offis DCMTK, gdcm and others.

    At least one of them points to the david clunie's site:
    http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...tml/part8.html. (look for
    "toolkit" on that page as well)

    Also, following the Ockam's Razor principle, the best library/toolkit
    around is the one you like best, provided that it offers the
    functionality you need .

    HTH,
    Razvan.

  4. Re: General Information on DICOM