DICOM and Philips IE33 - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM and Philips IE33 - DICOM ; Looking for a reliable DICOM reader that can display images cretaed from cardiac ultrasound DICOM -- including images and DICOMDIR from Philips IE33. Suggestions?...

  1. DICOM and Philips IE33

    Looking for a reliable DICOM reader that can display images cretaed
    from cardiac ultrasound DICOM -- including images and DICOMDIR from
    Philips IE33. Suggestions?

  2. Re: DICOM and Philips IE33

    HotDoc wrote:
    > Looking for a reliable DICOM reader that can display images cretaed
    > from cardiac ultrasound DICOM -- including images and DICOMDIR from
    > Philips IE33. Suggestions?

    Programs like DicomWorks (http://dicom.online.fr/fr/download.htm) should
    be able to deal with this.
    But take care, the iU33 uses a private SOP class (3D Subpage Store
    Private SOP* - 1.3.46.670589.2.5.1.1) and private tags to create a
    Standard Extended SOP class. This is important to 'store' the 3D
    information.
    Conclusion 3D information will not be visible, unless you use software
    like QLab.

  3. Re: DICOM and Philips IE33

    Tried to install and run on two systems. The one running Windows XP
    Home installed fine, but attempts to open files resulted in the Windows
    "Blue Screen of Death," halting the program due to a memory conflict.
    (We used to see this type of screen all the time under Windows 3.1 and
    95, but I have to confess that it is the first time I have seen it
    under Windows XP).

    Second computer running Windows 2000 Professional installed and opened
    files, but would only display one thumbnail out of the study.

    I am not trying to display 3D images which I understand are stored in a
    SOP format.

    Other ideas would be welcome.

+ Reply to Thread