define a private transfer systax - DICOM

This is a discussion on define a private transfer systax - DICOM ; I want to define a private transfer systax (TS) for image transmission. Is anybody familiar with the procedure of the registration? Any rules for defining an private UID of TS? Thanks a lot!...

  1. define a private transfer systax

    I want to define a private transfer systax (TS) for image transmission.
    Is anybody familiar with the procedure of the registration?

    Any rules for defining an private UID of TS? Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: define a private transfer systax

    No registration for private transfer syntax or even private services is
    required and needed.

    Just follow the UID rules defined in Part 5 of the standard.
    This means: use your *own* UID-root and not the "1.2.840.10008" DICOM
    one to define your private xfer syntax or service.
    You may get an UID-root via your normalization instance (ANSI, DIN,
    AFNOR, etc), and will then have to deal with UID uniqueness using this
    UID-root.

    Hope this helps
    Gilles

+ Reply to Thread