Cardiology SR samples and advice/question regarding DICOM SR templates - DICOM

This is a discussion on Cardiology SR samples and advice/question regarding DICOM SR templates - DICOM ; Hi everybody, Does anybody know about some cardiology SR examples? The only ones DICOM SR reports I found it's been the offis ones. I'm particulary interested in reports conforming templates TIDs 520* and 510* (Echocardiography procedure report template and vascular ...

  1. Cardiology SR samples and advice/question regarding DICOM SR templates

    Hi everybody,

    Does anybody know about some cardiology SR examples? The only ones
    DICOM SR reports I found it's been the offis ones. I'm particulary
    interested in reports conforming templates TIDs 520* and 510*
    (Echocardiography procedure report template and vascular ultrasound
    report template) from DICOM standard part 16. Does anybody use it /
    have some samples?

    I've read in the Clunie D. 'DICOM structured reporting: implementation
    experience' (Available at:
    ftp://medical.nema.org/SRWorkshopJun...-06-08_dac.pdf)
    the following sentence:

    Template Use & Design
    Little need for observation context
    WG 1/12 templates not yet mature
    Coding schemes not yet mature
    Therefore:
    private templates
    augment LOINC with private codes
    generic input, editor and

    Is it still true? (WG 1/12 templates not yet mature -> use private
    templates). There are appropriate templates in the DICOM spec - are
    they usable? Also I'd like to store some descriptive findings similar
    to these David Clunie did in his presentation. They seem to be
    absent/incomplete in standard DICOM templates. Is there any standard
    way to encode them, or have I to extend these templates?

    thank you in advance,
    best regards,
    Michal Kostrzewa

  2. Re: Cardiology SR samples and advice/question regarding DICOM SR templates

    Implementations now exist by major manufacturers.

    Some have DICOM Conformance Statements.
    See for example the following for echo and vascular implementation:
    http://www.medical.philips.com/main/..._DCS_Rev-B.pdf
    See for example the following for OB-GYN and vascular implementation:
    http://www.medical.philips.com/main/..._DCS_Rev-D.pdf

    Doug

    "mkostrze" wrote in message
    news:1116929796.348783.326530@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
[...]

  3. Re: Cardiology SR samples and advice/question regarding DICOM SR templates

    Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Cardiology domain will also
    be addressing SR "Evidence Documents" as a significant part of its
    2005-2006 effort, including specifically the Echo SR template, as well
    as hemodynamic, QCA, QVA, and IVUS measurement reports, and cath
    procedure log.

    I strongly encourage all developers interested in testing and improving
    interoperability in this area to participate in the IHE Cardiology
    effort this year, including the Connectathon in January 2006. The
    industry-wide Connectathon will be the best opportunity for display
    stations to validate against the information objects from a variety of
    vendors, and for object creators to validate against a variety of
    display stations.

    The next major IHE event is the IHE Educational Workshop, June 28-29 in
    Oak Brook, IL (near Chicago). If you have not been involved with IHE
    in the past, you should definitely attend this Workshop.

    For further infoemation, see http://www.ihe.net

    - Harry Solomon
    GE Healthcare
    co-chair, IHE Cardiology Technical Committee

+ Reply to Thread