Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is NOW available - DICOM

This is a discussion on Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is NOW available - DICOM ; Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is NOW available What's new in this version: - Rendering speed for VR and MIP has been highly accelerated - VR and MIP are now merged in the same ...

  1. Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is NOW available

    Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is
    NOW available

    What's new in this version:

    - Rendering speed for VR and MIP has been highly accelerated
    - VR and MIP are now merged in the same 3D viewer
    - Latest VTK version
    - RGB rendering

    Download it at:
    http://homepage.mac.com/rossetantoin...ix/Index2.html

    About OsiriX...

    OsiriX is an image processing software dedicated to DICOM images
    (".dcm" / ".DCM" extension) produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT,
    PET, PET-CT, ...) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format).
    It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG,
    PDF, AVI, MPEG and Quicktime. It is fully compliant with the DICOM
    standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able
    to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any
    PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP - Service Class Provider,
    STORE SCU - Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve) .

    OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization
    of multimodality and multidimensional images: 2D Viewer, 3D Viewer, 4D
    Viewer (3D series with temporal dimension, for example: Cardiac-CT) and
    5D Viewer (3D series with temporal and functional dimensions, for
    example: Cardiac-PET-CT). The 3D Viewer offers all modern rendering
    modes: Multiplanar reconstruction (MPR), Surface Rendering, Volume
    Rendering and Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP). All these modes
    support 4D data and are able to produce image fusion between two
    different series (for example: PET-CT).

    Osirix is at the same time a DICOM PACS workstation for medical imaging
    and an image processing software for medical research (radiology and
    nuclear imaging), functional imaging, 3D imaging, confocal microscopy
    and molecular imaging.

    Osirix supports a complete plug-ins architecture that allows you to
    expand the capabilities of OsiriX for your personal needs! This plug-in
    architecture gives you access to the powerfull Cocoa framework with an
    easy object-oriented and dynamic language: Objective-C.

    Current features of the program

    DICOM File Support

    * Read and display all DICOM Files (mono-frame, multi-frames)
    * Read and display the new MRI/CT multi-frame format (5200 group)
    * JPEG Lossy, JPEG Lossless, JPEG2000, RLE
    * Monochrome1, Monochrome2, RGB, YBR, Planar, Palettes, ...
    * Support custom (non-square) Pixel Aspect Ratio
    * 8, 12, 16, 32 bits
    * Write 'SC' (Secondary Capture) DICOM Files from any 2D/3D
    reconstructions
    * Read and display all DICOM Meta-Data
    * Read AND Write DICOM CD/DVD (DICOMDIR support)
    * Export DICOM Files to TIFF, JPEG, Quicktime, RAW, DICOM, PACS

    DICOM Network Support

    * Store User (STORE-SCU, DICOM Send)
    * Store Provider (STORE-SCP, DICOM Listener)
    * Query and Retrieve User (Query and Retrieve studies from a PACS
    server)

    Non-DICOM Files Support

    * LSM files from Zeiss (8, 16, 32 bits) (Confocal Microscopy)
    * BioRadPIC files (8, 16, 32 bits) (Confocal Microscopy)
    * TIFF (8, 12, 16, 32 bits), multi-pages
    * ANALYZE (8, 12, 16, 32 bits)
    * PNG, JPEG, PDF (multi-pages), Quicktime, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4

    2D Viewer

    * Customizable Toolbars
    * Bicubic Interpolation
    * Thick Slab for multi-slices CT and MRI (Mean, MIP, Volume
    Rendering)
    * ROIs: Polygons, Circles, Pencil, Rectangles, Point, ...
    * Multi-Buttons and Scroll-wheel mouses supported
    * Custom CLUT (Color Look-Up Tables)
    * Custom 3x3 and 5x5 Convolution Filters (Bone filters, ...)
    * 4D Viewer for Cardiac-CT and other temporal series
    * Image Fusion for PET-CT exams with adjustable blending percentage
    * Image subtraction for XA
    * Plugins support for external functions

    3D Post-Processing

    * MPR (Multiplanar Reconstruction) with Thick Slab (Mean, MIP,
    Volume Rendering)
    * Curved-MPR
    * MIP (Maximum Intensity Projection)
    * Volume Rendering
    * Surface Rendering
    * Stereo Vision with Red/Blue glasses
    * Export any 3D images to Quicktime, Quicktime VR, TIFF, JPEG
    * All 3D viewers support 'Image Fusion' for PET-CT exams and '4D
    mode' for Cardiac-CT.

    Optimization

    * Altivec (Velocity Engine) enhanced (up to 8-10 times faster)
    * G5 alignment (for best performance on G5 processors)
    * Multi-threaded
    * Asyncronous reading
    * Multi-processors enhanced
    * Based on the Altivec & Multi-Threaded vImage library
    * OpenGL for 2D Viewer and all 3D Viewers
    * Graphic board accelerated
    * X-Grid (Grid Computing)
    * Optimized version for 3D Volume Rendering boards by TeraRecon :
    VolumePRO VP1000 series

    Expansion & Scientific Research

    * OsiriX supports a complete dynamic plugins architecture
    * Access pixels directly in 32-bits float for B&W images or ARGB
    values for color images
    * Create and manage windows
    * Access the entire Cocoa framework
    * Create and manage OpenGL views
    * Faster than IDL, Easier than ImageJ !

    Based on Open-Source components

    * Cocoa (OpenStep, GNUStep, NextStep)
    * VTK (Visualization Toolkit)
    * ITK (Insight Toolkit)
    * PixelMed (David Clunie)
    * Papyrus 3.0 (Digital Imaging Unit)
    * DICOM Offis
    * OpenGL
    * XML-Expat
    * LibTIFF
    * Jasper
    * LibJPEG

    Download it at:
    http://homepage.mac.com/rossetantoin...ix/Index2.html

  2. Re: Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is NOW available

    Since very few people use Mac's anymore, it would be great to know when
    a Windows version will be available.

  3. Re: Version 1.7 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Vieweris NOW available

    SomeHuman wrote:
    > Since very few people use Mac's anymore, it would be great to know when
    > a Windows version will be available.

    The contrary will happen, Mac will use intel, then hopefully windows
    users will turn into Mac users, so that cross-plateform developers can
    stop supporting win32

    Mathieu
    Ps: yeah I am a cross plateform developer :-P

+ Reply to Thread