Hi everybody. I am trying to write and read the display shutter DICOM
fields but in my opinion from the standard it is not clear how to
handle the coordinates in the display shutter (or x-ray collimator)
fields.
In fact if you look to the first example, the standard says that you
should have 256 and 768 as the left and right vertical edges: according
to what is written this would produce a width of 512 pixels in the
display area.
In my opinion this is not correct since it would produce a width of 511
pixels: in fact if you read the description of the x-ray collimator
module (8.7.3.1.1) (which I suppose it has the same behaviour) you
should put 0 if you want the collimator (or display shutter) not to be
visible on the left edge and IMAGE_WIDTH+1 if you want the collimator
(or display shutter) not to be visible on the right edge.
This means that if you set the left to 1, the first pixel will be
blanked and also if you set the right to IMAGE_WIDTH, the last pixel
will be blanked.
Coming back to the example above, the pixel 256 and 768 would be both
excluded and we should have a display area of 511 pixels.

Am I correct or am I thinking wrong? If I am correct how is it possible
to contact the DICOM committee to suggest them to change the examples?

Thanks everybody for the attention.

Regards,

Valerio Salomoni