Synthetic test data available? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Synthetic test data available? - DICOM ; Dear all, Does anyone of you know if there are any artificially created test dataset on the web? I'm currently working on volume rendering and it's somewhat unhandy to get a 256^3 skull CT rendered where I can't see rendering ...

  1. Synthetic test data available?

    Dear all,

    Does anyone of you know if there are any artificially created test
    dataset on the web? I'm currently working on volume rendering and it's
    somewhat unhandy to get a 256^3 skull CT rendered where I can't see
    rendering faults at a glance.

    I really could need a set of rather small artificial volumes, e.g. 32^3
    showing a simple sphere of a certian density, a cube, pyramid etc.

    Is there a software which enables me to interactively create a volume
    dataset? All programs I know by now are only able to handle single frame
    images.

    Yours,
    Rene

    --
    Dr.-Ing. René Tschirley
    http://www.tschirley.com

  2. Re: Synthetic test data available?

    pooh@lava.cs.tu-berlin.de, who claims to be "Rene Tschirley", wrote:

    > Is there a software which enables me to interactively create a volume
    > dataset? All programs I know by now are only able to handle single frame
    > images.

    You could try MeVisLab, a free development environment for medical image
    processing and visualization.
    You can download it at , and I think the
    Raster-Module together the DicomTool-Module does just what you want (i.e.
    raster arbitrary objects into a volume dataset which can be exported as
    multiple DICOM slices).

    If you have any more questions, please go to the MeVisLab user forum at
    http://www.mevis.de/discus/

    Cheers
    Bernd
    --