Query service - DICOM

This is a discussion on Query service - DICOM ; Hello, Is it valid to send only patient name as query parameter without patient id( its present,but NULL) in a patient root patient level. I mean can i query using patient name?? Regards...

  1. Query service

    Hello,
    Is it valid to send only patient name as query parameter without
    patient id( its present,but NULL) in a patient root patient level. I
    mean can i query using patient name??

    Regards

  2. Top-level query keys, was Re: Query service

    Gurikar wrote:

    > Is it valid to send only patient name as query parameter without
    > patient id( its present,but NULL) in a patient root patient level. I
    > mean can i query using patient name??

    Sure, that is what the query is for.

    Indeed you can do this with a study root query as well at the study
    level (i.e. leaving the study-specific query keys zero length if
    you want them returned rather than matched).

    It is only at the lower levels in the query model in a hierarchical
    query that one must specify unique values for patient/study keys
    (Patient ID and Study Instance UID respectively).

    David

+ Reply to Thread