Tags Required in Patient Modules? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Tags Required in Patient Modules? - DICOM ; I refer to the tables in C.2.1 (Part 3 PS 3.3 - 2003 Page 183) Table C.2-1 PATIENT RELATIONSHIP MODULE ATTRIBUTES In these tables, there is no indication as to whether these values are Type 1, 2, etc. So are ...

  1. Tags Required in Patient Modules?

    I refer to the tables in C.2.1 (Part 3 PS 3.3 - 2003 Page 183)
    Table C.2-1
    PATIENT RELATIONSHIP MODULE ATTRIBUTES

    In these tables, there is no indication as to whether these values are
    Type 1, 2, etc. So are they optional, required, or what? Where does it
    say?

    In the tables later on, it lists the Type explicitly, so no mystery
    there.

    -Kelly

  2. Modules used in normalized versus composite IODs, was Re: Tags Requiredin Patient Modules?

    kellyatdentrix@gmail.com wrote:
    > I refer to the tables in C.2.1 (Part 3 PS 3.3 - 2003 Page 183)
    > Table C.2-1
    > PATIENT RELATIONSHIP MODULE ATTRIBUTES
    >
    > In these tables, there is no indication as to whether these values are
    > Type 1, 2, etc. So are they optional, required, or what? Where does it
    > say?
    >
    > In the tables later on, it lists the Type explicitly, so no mystery
    > there.

    Hi Kelly

    Modules without a type are modules that are used in normalized
    rather than composite IODs and their type is specified in the
    corresponding SOP class descriptions in PS 3.4 (because it
    may differ for N-CREATE, N-SET and so on).

    In terms of creating composite IODs for storage, these modules
    are not applicable and can be completely ignored.

    David

+ Reply to Thread