DCMTK and libxml - DICOM

This is a discussion on DCMTK and libxml - DICOM ; I try to read some XML document and build from it a SR document using DCMTK. I saw the example for that and the code for DSRXMLDocument. But there is a #ifdef WITH_LIBXML avoiding the problems i encounter now : ...

  1. DCMTK and libxml

    I try to read some XML document and build from it a SR document using
    DCMTK.
    I saw the example for that and the code for DSRXMLDocument. But there
    is a #ifdef WITH_LIBXML avoiding the problems i encounter now :

    when defining WITH_LIBXML, the compiler (VC++ 6) asks for the libXml
    libs and include. I gave him those, but I have a problem with linking
    since the stdio included in xmlmemory.h asks either for libcmtd or
    msvcprtd libraries.

    Since I use DCMTK for creating my own library, I compiled it with the
    debug multithreaded DLL code generation specification. So I have to
    get libcmtd ignored because of linking problems.

    I think I would need to recompile the libxml with debug multithreaded
    DLL. But I dont have the source code for that.

    Has anyone encountered a similar problem when reading XML documents?

  2. Re: DCMTK and libxml

    Cyril LAURENT wrote:

    > I think I would need to recompile the libxml with debug multithreaded
    > DLL. But I dont have the source code for that.

    Using MSVC it's always a good idea to compile the whole project (incl.
    all libraries) with the same settings for "code generation".

    The source code of libxml2 is available from http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk
    (version 2.6.9) and http://www.xmlsoft.org/downloads.html (all versions).

    For further questions regarding DCMTK please use the discussion forum
    at http://forum.dcmtk.org/ .

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS