A software emulator of dicom modality? - DICOM

This is a discussion on A software emulator of dicom modality? - DICOM ; Hello! Can You tell me if there is a software emulator of dicom modality? We'll try to implement functionality of simple DICOM server and we need to test it but we don't have ability to connect to real one dicom ...

  1. A software emulator of dicom modality?

    Hello!
    Can You tell me if there is a software emulator of dicom modality? We'll try
    to implement functionality of simple DICOM server and we need to test it but
    we don't have ability to connect to real one dicom modality...
    Best regards,
    Maciej

  2. Re: A software emulator of dicom modality?

    Depending on what you're looking to simulate, its relatively easy to
    simulate a modality just by running a MWL query, sending PPS messages,
    and sending image files with a variety of open source tools. The best
    example of this is probably the IHE MESA toolkit used to prevalidate
    before going to a connectathon an communicating with real systems, but
    its very doable by scripting other tools too - eg the malinkrodt
    toolkit from wustl and the oldenburg toolkit. At its most basic you can
    just send image files using the dicom send (storescu from the oldenburg
    tool kit). Typically one wants to tailor the image to a specific set of
    patient identity information. Other tools can be used script patient id
    information into the image files using different utilities (dcmmodify)
    into a set of image files before sending.

    Look at the capabilities of the tools, maybe come back and describe in
    more detail what you're trying to do, and we can try to give you more
    detailed advice.

+ Reply to Thread