French CCAM and Procedure Code Sequence - DICOM

This is a discussion on French CCAM and Procedure Code Sequence - DICOM ; Hello ! I'm trying to developp a RIS (Radiology Information System) solution and i ask myself many question. Most of this questions are solved with this google groups, thanks :-). But one is very persistent ! Can i use the ...

  1. French CCAM and Procedure Code Sequence

    Hello !

    I'm trying to developp a RIS (Radiology Information System) solution
    and i ask myself many question. Most of this questions are solved with
    this google groups, thanks :-). But one is very persistent !

    Can i use the french CCAM as a coding scheme designator in order to
    code my Procedure ?

    A tiny description of CCAM (from IHE ITI Technical Framework -
    Supplement 2008-2009 - Sharing Value Sets ) :

    "The CCAM was developed through a partnership between the French
    Department of Healt,
    the health insurance bodies or the Agence Technique de l’Information
    sur l'Hospitalisation
    (ATIH) and the nomenclature division of the French National Health
    Insurance Agency for
    Wage Earners (CNAMTS), as well as representatives from 30 national
    colleges of medical
    specialties and partners from the EU R&D project, Galen-In-Use.
    CCAM codes support not only medical analysis and research but also
    calculate pricing for
    payment per private practitioner procedure, and hospitalization. The
    scope of CCAM is
    currently limited to physician and dental surgeon procedures but is to
    be extended to any
    type of Healthcare Professional procedures within CPS".

    Best regards,

    Loïc MAILLARD

  2. Re: French CCAM and Procedure Code Sequence

    Hi Loïc

    Sure, why not ?

    I don't see CCAM registered in the HL7 database of OIDs for external
    coding schemes (see "http://www.hl7.org/oid/index.cfm"), but it
    could be added.

    In the interim you could always use "99CCAM" as a "private" coding
    scheme designator.

    David

    zanyth@caramail.com wrote:
    > Hello !
    >
    > I'm trying to developp a RIS (Radiology Information System) solution
    > and i ask myself many question. Most of this questions are solved with
    > this google groups, thanks :-). But one is very persistent !
    >
    > Can i use the french CCAM as a coding scheme designator in order to
    > code my Procedure ?
    >
    > A tiny description of CCAM (from IHE ITI Technical Framework -
    > Supplement 2008-2009 - Sharing Value Sets ) :
    >

    > "The CCAM was developed through a partnership between the French
    > Department of Healt,
    > the health insurance bodies or the Agence Technique de l’Information
    > sur l'Hospitalisation
    > (ATIH) and the nomenclature division of the French National Health
    > Insurance Agency for
    > Wage Earners (CNAMTS), as well as representatives from 30 national
    > colleges of medical
    > specialties and partners from the EU R&D project, Galen-In-Use.
    > CCAM codes support not only medical analysis and research but also
    > calculate pricing for
    > payment per private practitioner procedure, and hospitalization. The
    > scope of CCAM is
    > currently limited to physician and dental surgeon procedures but is to
    > be extended to any
    > type of Healthcare Professional procedures within CPS".
    >

    > Best regards,
    >
    > Loïc MAILLARD

  3. Re: French CCAM and Procedure Code Sequence

    Thanks you for your answer David !

    I'll try to use it.

+ Reply to Thread