Newbie: Defined terms for Modality - DICOM

This is a discussion on Newbie: Defined terms for Modality - DICOM ; Hello, Recently I was told that for Proton Therapy, a new modality will be added to DICOM. Am I correct? Where can I find more dicom relevant information on the same? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, SJ...

  1. Newbie: Defined terms for Modality

    Hello,

    Recently I was told that for Proton Therapy, a new modality will be added to
    DICOM.
    Am I correct?
    Where can I find more dicom relevant information on the same?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    SJ

  2. Re: Newbie: Defined terms for Modality

    hi SJ ,

    i guess u should be writing to nema.org or Mr. David Clunie for details
    about any new additions in DICOM.

    good luck .

    regards,
    Rajesh Rapaka.

  3. Re: Newbie: Defined terms for Modality

    Protoon Therapy is not a diagnostic imaging modality.
    Unless there are proton therapy devices that create data
    that don't fit any of the existing set imaging modalities there
    is no motivation to add a new defined term for modality.

    "SJ" wrote in message news:d2vn25$1e5$1@news.mch.sbs.de...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Recently I was told that for Proton Therapy, a new modality will be added to DICOM.
    > Am I correct?
    > Where can I find more dicom relevant information on the same?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > SJ

  4. Proton Therapy, was Re: Newbie: Defined terms for Modality

    Hi SJ

    This is really a question for the DICOM Radiotherapy group; it is
    not simply a matter of defined terms, it is a whole new SOP Class.

    Ask your question at:

    David

    SJ wrote:

    > Recently I was told that for Proton Therapy, a new modality will be added to
    > DICOM.
    > Am I correct?
    > Where can I find more dicom relevant information on the same?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > SJ

+ Reply to Thread