Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data - DICOM

This is a discussion on Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data - DICOM ; Hi I need to prepare some DICOM-US-Images for a demonstration. The problem is that patient-data were captured in the pixel of the image. To anonymize these images I seperated the headers with dicom-offices dcmdump and the pixel-data with and dcm2gpm ...

  1. Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data

    Hi

    I need to prepare some DICOM-US-Images for a demonstration. The
    problem is that patient-data were captured in the pixel of the image.
    To anonymize these images I seperated the headers with dicom-offices
    dcmdump and the pixel-data with and dcm2gpm and manipulate the
    pixeldata with gimp. Now I've the problem to reunion the pixel and the
    headers. I'm not a programer, so do you have any suggestion what
    program to use to build a new complete dicom-object?

    Thanks
    Steffen
    --
    http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/ - Photogallery (JavaScript)
    http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc.php4?mypics=1631 - more Photos

  2. Re: Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data

    Maybe another approach with different tools is going to help....
    try doing the anonimize with
    http://eng.neologica.it/download/dow...nonymizer.html then do the
    image touch up. This way the images are still attached to the headers.

    Just an idea.
    Good Luck.

    "Steffen Laubner" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to prepare some DICOM-US-Images for a demonstration. The
    > problem is that patient-data were captured in the pixel of the image.
    > To anonymize these images I seperated the headers with dicom-offices
    > dcmdump and the pixel-data with and dcm2gpm and manipulate the
    > pixeldata with gimp. Now I've the problem to reunion the pixel and the
    > headers. I'm not a programer, so do you have any suggestion what
    > program to use to build a new complete dicom-object?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steffen
    > --
    > http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/ - Photogallery (JavaScript)
    > http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc.php4?mypics=1631 - more Photos

  3. Re: Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data

    Steffen Laubner wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to prepare some DICOM-US-Images for a demonstration. The
    > problem is that patient-data were captured in the pixel of the image.
    > To anonymize these images I seperated the headers with dicom-offices
    > dcmdump and the pixel-data with and dcm2gpm and manipulate the
    > pixeldata with gimp. Now I've the problem to reunion the pixel and

    the
    > headers. I'm not a programer, so do you have any suggestion what
    > program to use to build a new complete dicom-object?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steffen
    > --
    > http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Bistro/9813/ - Photogallery

    (JavaScript)
    > http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc.php4?mypics=1631 - more

    Photos

    Hello,

    PowerDicom can solve your problem.
    See http://www.MHGSoft.de?PowerDicom for more information.

    Marianne

  4. Re: Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data

    Steffen Laubner wrote

    > The
    > problem is that patient-data were captured in the pixel of the image.

    Thanks Thom and Marianne for your help, but my problem aren't
    patientdata in the headers. That's no problem. My problem is that
    these images are screencaptures from an ultrasound which imprints
    patientdata in the image. So I've to manipulate the image (erase /
    alter the pixels) to remove the patientdata in the picture.

    Thanks anyway for your help.

  5. Re: Join DICOM-Header and Pixel-Data

    Hi Steffen,

    If you can re-export the pixel data in raw format from the GIMP then
    you should be able to use dump2dcm (with the original DICOM header
    dump, suitably anonymized of course) to re-create the DICOM object.

    If you need more advice try http://forum.dcmtk.org

    Cheers,

    Ben

+ Reply to Thread