Looking for SC color Image?? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Looking for SC color Image?? - DICOM ; Hi, I'm looking for Secondary Capture Image RGB. Anyone can help me?? Thx...

  1. Looking for SC color Image??

    Hi,
    I'm looking for Secondary Capture Image RGB.
    Anyone can help me??
    Thx

  2. Re: Looking for SC color Image??

    steph.tro@voila.fr wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for Secondary Capture Image RGB.
    > Anyone can help me??
    > Thx

    Hello,

    a compressed SC RGB image is available under
    http://www.MHGSoft.de/dicom/sample/logo.ima.
    An uncompressed sample is
    http://www.MHGSoft.de/dicom/sample/pdlogo.ima.

    Marianne

  3. Re: Looking for SC color Image??

    Thanks for these samples Marianne.

    The JPEG baseline compressed file contains an invalid Photometric
    Interpretation ... it should not be RGB but rather YBR_FULL_422
    since the color components in the JPEG bitstream are (presumably)
    transformed into the YCbCr color space as they normally are by
    most codecs.

    Both files are missing the Type 2 required Patient Orientation,
    which should be sent zero length if unknown rather than left out
    (common error).

    Also, "SC" is not a standard value for Modality; "OT" is typically
    used for secondary capture images of unknown modalities.

    David

    Marianne wrote:

    > steph.tro@voila.fr wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>I'm looking for Secondary Capture Image RGB.
    >>Anyone can help me??
    >>Thx

    > Hello,
    >
    > a compressed SC RGB image is available under
    > http://www.MHGSoft.de/dicom/sample/logo.ima.
    > An uncompressed sample is
    > http://www.MHGSoft.de/dicom/sample/pdlogo.ima.
    >
    > Marianne

  4. Re: Looking for SC color Image??

    David Clunie wrote:
    > Thanks for these samples Marianne.
    >
    > The JPEG baseline compressed file contains an invalid Photometric
    > Interpretation ... it should not be RGB but rather YBR_FULL_422
    > since the color components in the JPEG bitstream are (presumably)
    > transformed into the YCbCr color space as they normally are by
    > most codecs.
    >
    > Both files are missing the Type 2 required Patient Orientation,
    > which should be sent zero length if unknown rather than left out
    > (common error).
    >
    > Also, "SC" is not a standard value for Modality; "OT" is typically
    > used for secondary capture images of unknown modalities.
    >
    > David

    David, thank you for these hints. We'll consider them in the future.

    Marianne

    > Marianne wrote:
    >
    > > steph.tro@voila.fr wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hi,
    > >>I'm looking for Secondary Capture Image RGB.
    > >>Anyone can help me??
    > >>Thx

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > a compressed SC RGB image is available under
    > > http://www.MHGSoft.de/dicom/sample/logo.ima.
    > > An uncompressed sample is
    > > http://www.MHGSoft.de/dicom/sample/pdlogo.ima.
    > >
    > > Marianne

  5. Re: Looking for SC color Image??

    Marianne wrote:

    >>The JPEG baseline compressed file contains an invalid Photometric
    >>Interpretation ... it should not be RGB but rather YBR_FULL_422
    >>since the color components in the JPEG bitstream are (presumably)
    >>transformed into the YCbCr color space as they normally are by
    >>most codecs.

    > David, thank you for these hints. We'll consider them in the future.

    As long as the future is very soon !

    Just to reiterate the importance of fixing the color encoding error
    ASAP, a properly compliant viewer should be rendering your JPEG images
    in completely the wrong colors, since it should be seeing the RGB
    rather than YBR_FULL_422 and interpreting the three JPEG components
    as red, green and blue, and suppressing the normal color space
    transformations that codecs perform; it should also be complaining
    that the chrominance channels in the JPEG bitstream are downsampled,
    though it is very unlikely that any will.

    David

  6. Re: Looking for SC color Image??

    Thx for these DICOM files

+ Reply to Thread