How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related - DICOM

This is a discussion on How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related - DICOM ; Hi There: Given the following SR SOP Classes: Structured Reporting Storage SOP Classes Enhanced R Comprehensive SR CAD SR a) What SR SOP Class does Supplement 26: OB-GYN Ultrasound Procedure Reports related to? e.g if a modality ...

  1. How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related

    Hi There:

    Given the following SR SOP Classes:

    Structured Reporting Storage SOP Classes

    Enhanced R
    Comprehensive SR
    CAD SR

    a)

    What SR SOP Class does Supplement 26: OB-GYN Ultrasound Procedure
    Reports related to?

    e.g if a modality send you a OB-GYN Ultrasound Procedure Reports with
    measurements, what SR SOP above it use for this SR Object??

    b)

    What SR SOP Class does Supplement 71: Vascular Ultrasound Procedure
    Reports related to?

    e.g if a modality send you a Vascular Ultrasound Procedure Reports with
    measurements, what SR SOP above it use for this SR Object??

    I tried looking in the DICOM Standard I don't know where it is.

    Thanks

    Wayne.

  2. Re: How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related

    enyaw_2010@hotmail.com wrote:

    > What SR SOP Class does Supplement 26: OB-GYN Ultrasound Procedure
    > Reports related to?

    [...]
    > What SR SOP Class does Supplement 71: Vascular Ultrasound Procedure
    > Reports related to?

    This depends on which optional features of both templates you intend
    to use, e.g. if you use by-reference relationships the SOP class would
    be Comprehensive SR. However, it will never be one of the two CAD SR
    SOP classes since they use specific IODs and are bound to a particular
    root template.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier

  3. Re: How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related

    Can the template in Supplement 26 and 71 use the Enhanced SR SOP Class?

    Where in the DICOM Standard, which part and page says Supplement 26 and
    71 use SOP Class Comprehensive or/and Enhanced SR?

    Thanks

    Wayne.

  4. Re: How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related

    All ultrasound implementations that I am aware
    (Supplement 27, 71 and also 72) use only the
    Comprehensive SR SOP Class. Aas Jeorg points out,
    the Enhanced SR SOP Class is legal provided the SR
    document contains only the features allowed by
    the Enhanced SR as specified in Part 3.

    I would be interested to know of any exceptions.

    - Doug

    wrote in message
    news:1109903543.824114.263920@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
[...]

  5. Re: How is supplement 71, 26 and SR SOP Classes related

    Doug Sluis wrote:

    > All ultrasound implementations that I am aware (Supplement
    > 27, 71 and also 72) use only the Comprehensive SR SOP Class.
    > Aas Jeorg points out, the Enhanced SR SOP Class is legal
    > provided the SR document contains only the features allowed
    > by the Enhanced SR as specified in Part 3.

    I guess TID 5100 could also be used with the Basic Text SR SOP
    Class provided that only mandatory content items are contained
    in the document :-)

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier

+ Reply to Thread