commandline dicom<->jpeg convertion tool - DICOM

This is a discussion on commandline dicom<->jpeg convertion tool - DICOM ; Is there such a thing as a fully working commandline dicom jpeg convertion tool for linux/osx out there? I've tried ImageMagick and it seems a little buggy. Is anything working better? -- Morten Dreier http://morten.dreier.no/...

  1. commandline dicom<->jpeg convertion tool

    --
    Morten Dreier
    http://morten.dreier.no/

  2. Re: commandline dicom<->jpeg convertion tool

    Morten Dreier wrote:
    > Is there such a thing as a fully working commandline dicom<->jpeg
    > convertion tool for linux/osx out there?
    > I've tried ImageMagick and it seems a little buggy.
    > Is anything working better?

    Well in that case, report the bug to ImageMagick team...

    Otherwise if you are a hackers you can download gdcm :

    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/

    By default it can write RAW files out of DICOM images. But it is well
    integrated into VTK, so you can then use vtkJPEGWriter to write jpeg image.

    Not sure this is the straighforwad way but it works

    Mathieu

  3. Re: commandline dicom<->jpeg convertion tool

    morten@nowhere.fast.invalid (Morten Dreier) wrote in message news:<1gspvz5.1mcinbf1v2w19iN%morten@nowhere.fast.invali d>...
    > Is there such a thing as a fully working commandline dicom<->jpeg
    > convertion tool for linux/osx out there?
    > I've tried ImageMagick and it seems a little buggy.
    > Is anything working better?

    Hi Morten:
    I recomend to you the dcmj2pnm from OFFIS dcmtk, converts dicom to jpeg and have
    a lot of options.
    http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en

    Pablo Sau

  4. Re: commandline dicom<->jpeg convertion tool

    Hi there,

    I recommend the same. I'm doing this way with excellent results:

    DCM -> JPG
    dcmj2pnm -d -v -im +oj +Jq 90 +Wi 1 foo.dcm foo.jpg

    And maybe you are interested in other possibilities: DCM -> JP2 with Jasper (http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper/)

    1.- DCM -> PGM / PPM
    dcmj2pnm -d -v -im +op +Wi 1 foo.dcm foo.pgm

    2.- PGM -> JPEG2000
    jasper --input-format pnm --input foo.pgm --output-format jp2 --output foo.jp2 -O rate=0.1

    I've tryed using convert (you must compile it with the necessary formats)
    on a single step to preserve the "12 bit greylevel" of my Dicom images,
    but the results where not as satisfactory due to problems with incorrect values of
    WindowWidth and WindowLevel

    convert foo.dcm foo.jp2

    Regards,

    José Antonio Pérez
    http://sls.netpatia.com

    Pablo Sau wrote:
    > morten@nowhere.fast.invalid (Morten Dreier) wrote in message news:<1gspvz5.1mcinbf1v2w19iN%morten@nowhere.fast.invali d>...
    >
    >>Is there such a thing as a fully working commandline dicom<->jpeg
    >>convertion tool for linux/osx out there?
    >>I've tried ImageMagick and it seems a little buggy.
    >>Is anything working better?

    > Hi Morten:
    > I recomend to you the dcmj2pnm from OFFIS dcmtk, converts dicom to jpeg and have
    > a lot of options.
    > http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en
    >
    > Pablo Sau

+ Reply to Thread