Evidence Creator IHE - DICOM

This is a discussion on Evidence Creator IHE - DICOM ; Hi, Evidence Creator must be able to create Images or it can just send Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State and Evidence Document referenced a study/serie or Image?????????...

  1. Evidence Creator IHE

    Hi,

    Evidence Creator must be able to create Images or it can just send
    Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State and Evidence Document referenced
    a study/serie or Image?????????

  2. Re: Evidence Creator IHE

    Evidence Creator is IHE Orwellian double speak for any device which
    produces new medical information/content outside the original
    acquisition with the patient in gun sight of sensor. That device can
    be the modality console generating derived images, GSPSs, KINs, SRs
    etc. It can be a CAD Device generating any of the above. It can be a
    workstation that has received images and processes them to produce
    secondary object, again any of the above.

    The point of calling it an Evidence Creator is
    a) it is deriving new evidence from artifacts of the original
    acquisition, not by acquiring new data directly from a sensor and
    b) the "evidence" that it creates is not a result. It is instead
    additional value-add data (evidence) that diagnoser (currently these
    are all human beings, usually called the Interpreting Physician) uses
    to infer their diagnosis.

    So, no an Evidence Creator doesn't have to create images; but it can.
    It doesn't have to create GSPS, but it can do that too. And KIN and SR.

    I said a modality console can be an evidence creator - but usually you
    wouldn't call it that, unless you like having philisophical discussions
    (how many IHE committee members can dance on the head of pin?).
    Evidence creator profile is mainly for driving well defined workflow
    processes when there is something that has to be done between acquiring
    patient images on the modality and presenting them to the interpreting
    physician. To be precise, when the images or some subset of the images
    have to be processed to produce some additional object for presentation
    with the images.

    I suppose in some definitions you could consider the generation of the
    "For Presentation" DX/MG/IO images from the "For Processing" images to
    be the action of an Evidence Creator but this is usually considered an
    integral function of the modality.

    Hope this helps.

  3. Re: Evidence Creator IHE

    > Evidence Creator is IHE Orwellian double speak for any device which
    > produces new medical information/content outside the original
    > acquisition with the patient in gun sight of sensor.

    All devices are equal, but some are more equal than others.

    U.

  4. Re: Evidence Creator IHE

    If I interpret this question in the context of your other question,
    the answer is ...

    No, IHE does not require an Evidence Creator to be able to create
    images; an Evidence Creator that only creates GSPS is just fine.

    David

    steph.tro@voila.fr wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Evidence Creator must be able to create Images or it can just send
    > Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State and Evidence Document referenced
    > a study/serie or Image?????????

+ Reply to Thread