GSPS creation??? - DICOM

This is a discussion on GSPS creation??? - DICOM ; Hi, I'm working on a kind of Viewer which can make operations on the DICOM image (e.g. rotations,...). At the present time, when I receive DICOM files (CR, CT, PET, MR, ..), I extract pieces of information from it and ...

  1. GSPS creation???

    Hi,

    I'm working on a kind of Viewer which can make operations on the
    DICOM image (e.g. rotations,...). At the present time, when I receive
    DICOM files (CR, CT, PET, MR, ..), I extract pieces of information from
    it and convert image in proprietor format.

    I would like to send my files in DICOM format to a server. So, have I
    had to recreate the same Instance UID with a Grayscale Softcopy
    Presentation State (referenced this Instance) or may I send this Image
    (with a rotation) just with conversion jpeg->DICOM ???

    Thx for your reply...

  2. Re: GSPS creation???

    steph.tro@voila.fr wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working on a kind of Viewer which can make operations on the
    > DICOM image (e.g. rotations,...). At the present time, when I receive
    > DICOM files (CR, CT, PET, MR, ..), I extract pieces of information from
    > it and convert image in proprietor format.

    Convert images into a proprietary format ?

    Heresy !

    > I would like to send my files in DICOM format to a server. So, have I
    > had to recreate the same Instance UID with a Grayscale Softcopy
    > Presentation State (referenced this Instance) or may I send this Image
    > (with a rotation) just with conversion jpeg->DICOM ???

    Creating a GSPS that refers to the original images is a better bet, but
    depends on the viewer downstream to be capable of using them.

    Saving multiple versions of an image is a bad thing, since it fills up
    the archive, but of course is more likely to be viewable by those
    systems that don't support GSPS.

    For example, can your own viewer receive and apply GSPS ? It should be
    able to if you are going to create them.

    The short answer is you need to provide both capabilities.

    David

    PS. Make sure that any images you generate have different UIDs but refer
    back to the original.

    PPS. Make sure that any instances of images or GSPS that you create are
    valid IODs ... validate them against the standard with one of the many
    automated tools available for this.

  3. Re: GSPS creation???

    Hi,
    At the present time, my system is an Evidence Creator with the
    capacibility to create Secondary Capture. It send this to PACs. I want
    to implement an other profile: Key Image Note.I'm able to
    Query/Retrieve KIN. I've read that Key Object Selection (Key Image
    Note) can referenced to a GSPS. Must I use this GSPS or is it possible
    to read KIN without take care about GSPS??

    P.S: "Heresy"

+ Reply to Thread