GSPS - DICOM

This is a discussion on GSPS - DICOM ; HI all, 1. Can we have one GSPS(Gray Scale Softcopy Presentation State) for n number of images. 2. When i render an image(which is having annotations that are stored in GSPS, it should display image with associated annotations, but i ...

  1. GSPS

    HI all,

    1. Can we have one GSPS(Gray Scale Softcopy Presentation State) for n
    number of images.

    2. When i render an image(which is having annotations that are stored
    in GSPS, it should display image with associated annotations, but i see
    in image IOD, there is no reference to GSPS where as GSPS is having
    reference to image. So how will image find its associated GSPS when it
    is getting rendered.

    cheers

  2. Re: GSPS

    Radde wrote:
    > 1. Can we have one GSPS(Gray Scale Softcopy Presentation State) for n
    > number of images.

    Yes, as long as all referenced images are part of the same study.

    > 2. When i render an image(which is having annotations that are stored
    > in GSPS, it should display image with associated annotations, but i see
    > in image IOD, there is no reference to GSPS where as GSPS is having
    > reference to image. So how will image find its associated GSPS when it
    > is getting rendered.

    The reason for this is that GSPS objects are usually created after the
    images, and PACSes don't generally allow a later modification of the
    images. Therefore, the client needs to locate all GSPS in the same study
    (a task that is slightly simplified by the fact that GSPS objects always
    live in one or more series of their own) and check if one of the objects
    found references the current image.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  3. Re: GSPS

    Yes, as long as all referenced images are part of the same study

    Ok. If i create one GSPS for 10 single frame images, i do different
    kinds of annotations on all those 10 images, when these gets stored in
    Graphic Annotation module, will it be stored as 10 Graphic Items in
    Graphic Annotataion sequence each one will be referring to their
    corresponding images.

    Therefore, the client needs to locate all GSPS in the same study
    > (a task that is slightly simplified by the fact that GSPS objects

    always
    > live in one or more series of their own) and check if one of the

    objects
    > found references the current image.

    Implementations need to check in each Presentation series in turn each
    Presentation Object for the referenced instance UID. I think its really
    messy process. Are there any better way of image referring to GSPS
    while it is getting rendered.

    cheers
    Marco Eichelberg wrote:
    > Radde wrote:
    > > 1. Can we have one GSPS(Gray Scale Softcopy Presentation State) for

    > > number of images.

    > Yes, as long as all referenced images are part of the same study.
    >
    > > 2. When i render an image(which is having annotations that are

    stored
    > > in GSPS, it should display image with associated annotations, but i

    see
    > > in image IOD, there is no reference to GSPS where as GSPS is having
    > > reference to image. So how will image find its associated GSPS when

    it
    > > is getting rendered.

    > The reason for this is that GSPS objects are usually created after

    the
    > images, and PACSes don't generally allow a later modification of the
    > images. Therefore, the client needs to locate all GSPS in the same

    study
    > (a task that is slightly simplified by the fact that GSPS objects

    always
    > live in one or more series of their own) and check if one of the

    objects
    > found references the current image.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg
    > OFFIS

  4. Re: GSPS

    Radde wrote:
    > Ok. If i create one GSPS for 10 single frame images, i do different
    > kinds of annotations on all those 10 images, when these gets stored in
    > Graphic Annotation module, will it be stored as 10 Graphic Items in
    > Graphic Annotataion sequence each one will be referring to their
    > corresponding images.

    I don't have the standard text in front of me (it might actually be a
    useful activity to read that carefully); but I believe to remember that
    each graphic object or graphic layer (?) is associated with a list
    of references which reference all the images or frames (in case of
    a multi-frame object) to which the graphic object applies. If this list
    is absent, it implicitly means "all frames of all images referenced
    by the GSPS."
    So the GSPS creator has the choice of encoding the object once or
    multiple times.

    > Implementations need to check in each Presentation series in turn each
    > Presentation Object for the referenced instance UID. I think its really
    > messy process. Are there any better way of image referring to GSPS
    > while it is getting rendered.

    The process may be messy but it is the only reliable (portable) way to
    go. If the images and GSPS objects are stored in an archive that
    supports certain GSPS specific attributes as return keys, it might
    be possible to perform this deduction process on the C-FIND level
    instead of after the C-MOVE, but the reference is still from the GSPS
    to the image and not vice versa. No way to change that.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

+ Reply to Thread