This is a discussion on OsiriX 1.6 : FREE DICOM/PACS workstation with 3D/4D and image fusion support - DICOM ; Download it at: http://homepage.mac.com/rossetantoin...ix/Index2.html Version 1.6 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is NOW available What's new in this version: - OsiriX online manual (wiki) is now available in English, German, French, Japanese, Spanish, thanks to OsiriX ...
Download it at:
Version 1.6 of OsiriX, the 100% FREE and Open-Source DICOM Viewer is
What's new in this version:
- OsiriX online manual (wiki) is now available in English, German,
French, Japanese, Spanish, thanks to OsiriX users!
- Curved MPR reconstruction for Dental CT or Coronary Cardiac-CT
- VolumePRO optimized version is now available for VP1000 boards by
- Query & Retrieve function is now re-written in Objective-C (better
performance, compatibility and control), special thanks to Lance
- We removed all Java codes for better integration and performance
- OsiriX Burner is now included in the main application: faster and
- Image fusion with 3D/4D series
- Fully tested and working with MacOS 10.4 Tiger
- Better support of multiple screens system
- Option to create square pixels in Orthogonal Reslice plugin (allows
to do 2D MPR with these new re-sliced series)
- A new plugin : Invert Data
- A new plugin : Resample Data : modify pixel resolution of series.
- Support 32-bit DICOM files
- Raw Data import
- Projection mode is now set to parallel which is faster (about 30%).
Option to switch it to perspective mode.
- Plug-ins are now automatically installed by the OsiriX package
- Networking bug fixes
- Character set encoding for Queries
- Improved JPEG2000
- Possibility to create 'aliases' of ROIs (see propagate ROIs)
- Bugs, bugs and bugs have been removed...
Download it at:
OsiriX is an image processing software dedicated to DICOM images
(".dcm" / ".DCM" extension) produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT,
PET, PET-CT, ...) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format).
It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG,
PDF, AVI, MPEG and Quicktime. It is fully compliant with the DICOM
standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able
to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any
PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP - Service Class Provider,
STORE SCU - Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve) .
OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization
of multimodality and multidimensional images: 2D Viewer, 3D Viewer, 4D
Viewer (3D series with temporal dimension, for example: Cardiac-CT)
and 5D Viewer (3D series with temporal and functional dimensions, for
example: Cardiac-PET-CT). The 3D Viewer offers all modern rendering
modes: Multiplanar reconstruction (MPR), Surface Rendering, Volume
Rendering and Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP). All these modes
support 4D data and are able to produce image fusion between two
different series (for example: PET-CT).
Osirix is at the same time a DICOM PACS workstation for medical
imaging and an image processing software for medical research
(radiology and nuclear imaging), functional imaging, 3D imaging,
confocal microscopy and molecular imaging.
Osirix supports a complete plug-ins architecture that allows you to
expand the capabilities of OsiriX for your personal needs! This
plug-in architecture gives you access to the powerfull Cocoa framework
with an easy object-oriented and dynamic language: Objective-C.
Current features of the program
DICOM File Support
* Read and display all DICOM Files (mono-frame, multi-frames)
* Read and display the new MRI/CT multi-frame format (5200 group)
* JPEG Lossy, JPEG Lossless, JPEG2000, RLE
* Monochrome1, Monochrome2, RGB, YBR, Planar, Palettes, ...
* Support custom (non-square) Pixel Aspect Ratio
* 8, 12, 16, 32 bits
* Write 'SC' (Secondary Capture) DICOM Files from any 2D/3D
* Read and display all DICOM Meta-Data
* Read AND Write DICOM CD/DVD (DICOMDIR support)
* Export DICOM Files to TIFF, JPEG, Quicktime, RAW, DICOM, PACS
DICOM Network Support
* Store User (STORE-SCU, DICOM Send)
* Store Provider (STORE-SCP, DICOM Listener)
* Query and Retrieve User (Query and Retrieve studies from a PACS
Non-DICOM Files Support
* LSM files from Zeiss (8, 16, 32 bits) (Confocal Microscopy)
* BioRadPIC files (8, 16, 32 bits) (Confocal Microscopy)
* TIFF (8, 12, 16, 32 bits), multi-pages
* ANALYZE (8, 12, 16, 32 bits)
* PNG, JPEG, PDF (multi-pages), Quicktime, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4
* Customizable Toolbars
* Bicubic Interpolation
* Thick Slab for multi-slices CT and MRI (Mean, MIP, Volume
* ROIs: Polygons, Circles, Pencil, Rectangles, Point, ...
* Multi-Buttons and Scroll-wheel mouses supported
* Custom CLUT (Color Look-Up Tables)
* Custom 3x3 and 5x5 Convolution Filters (Bone filters, ...)
* 4D Viewer for Cardiac-CT and other temporal series
* Image Fusion for PET-CT exams with adjustable blending
* Image subtraction for XA
* Plugins support for external functions
* MPR (Multiplanar Reconstruction) with Thick Slab (Mean, MIP,
* MIP (Maximum Intensity Projection)
* Volume Rendering
* Surface Rendering
* Stereo Vision with Red/Blue glasses
* Export any 3D images to Quicktime, Quicktime VR, TIFF, JPEG
* All 3D viewers support 'Image Fusion' for PET-CT exams and '4D
mode' for Cardiac-CT.
* Altivec (Velocity Engine) enhanced (up to 8-10 times faster)
* G5 alignment (for best performance on G5 processors)
* Asyncronous reading
* Multi-processors enhanced
* Based on the Altivec & Multi-Threaded vImage library
* OpenGL for 2D Viewer and all 3D Viewers
* Graphic board accelerated
* X-Grid (Grid Computing)
* Optimized version for 3D Volume Rendering boards by TeraRecon :
VolumePRO VP1000 series
Expansion & Scientific Research
* OsiriX supports a complete dynamic plugins architecture
* Access pixels directly in 32-bits float for B&W images or ARGB
values for color images
* Create and manage windows
* Access the entire Cocoa framework
* Create and manage OpenGL views
* Faster than IDL, Easier than ImageJ !
Based on Open-Source components
* Cocoa (OpenStep, GNUStep, NextStep)
* VTK (Visualization Toolkit)
* ITK (Insight Toolkit)
* PixelMed (David Clunie)
* Papyrus 3.0 (Digital Imaging Unit)
* DICOM Offis
Download it at: