DICOM Web Server - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM Web Server - DICOM ; What is needed to make a dicom web server? I'm planning to use DCM4CHE to help write it. Anyone able to guide me?...

  1. DICOM Web Server

    What is needed to make a dicom web server?
    I'm planning to use DCM4CHE to help write it.

    Anyone able to guide me?

  2. Re: DICOM Web Server

    You should be checking out dicom part 18, Web Access to Dicom Objects
    (WADO).
    This can be done on top on existing web-servers (our implementation is
    an Apache server module).

    HTH.
    Razvan

  3. Re: DICOM Web Server

    In article <355241BE.23A0E6A8@iohk.com>,
    Andrew Chan wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm wondering if there is any idea, source or pointer of information, of
    > any solution in the form of a web server which could do dicom receive of
    > images pushed from CT/MR, etc., automatically extract out the header
    > information and categorise each examination into some sort of folders so
    > that users from the network can use just a WWW client to view the
    > images.

    Hi Andrew, you have exactly what you are looking for at
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdmedicpacsweb/
    You can try it without installation from a live CD, and now the new version
    runs in linux AMD64, in pure 64 bit, avoiding the 2TB storage limit and using
    ctn, mysql4 and apache2.
    The web pages are created on the flight, with conversion from dicom to jpeg,
    MRI video cardio series are decomposed in animated gifs one per slice
    position and the PET studies are converted to rotating MIPs and ortogonal views
    , with an java applet to display them, also is other java to display dicom
    images in multiformat with control over pan, zoom , window an level.
    Also the control and configuration of the PACS is by web, so you can have
    a dual opteron running without screen nor keyboard, and with remote administration.
    It's free and an open source project and you can modify it easily to fit your
    your requirements.

    http://cdmedicpacsweb.sourceforge.net

+ Reply to Thread