Study ID. - DICOM

This is a discussion on Study ID. - DICOM ; HI, Modality Worklist response(C-FIND-RSP) from PACS/RIS doesnt return Study ID,but it does return study instance UID(not necessarily). My question where this study ID should be generated, is this should be generated at modality.. In this case under one study instance ...

  1. Study ID.

    HI,
    Modality Worklist response(C-FIND-RSP) from PACS/RIS doesnt return
    Study ID,but it does return study instance UID(not necessarily). My
    question where this study ID should be generated, is this should be
    generated at modality.. In this case under one study instance UID
    different modality generates different study ID.
    Is this allowed in DICOM? I mean Can One Study Insatnce UID have many
    Study IDs?

    Regards

  2. Re: Study ID.

    Gurikar...

    Study ID is, AFAIK, a type 2 element which means that it can be present
    but NULL in an IOD. I think this would be why you'd get nothing in the
    C-FIND response.

    It has also a value-mutiplicity of 1 so you cannot have more than one
    study ID generated for the same IOD.

    A similar Study ID issue appeared a few threads ago, check it out, it
    may offer you the answers you are looking for:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ee6cab3e579b2d

    Have a nice weekend,
    ~~Razvan

  3. Re: Study ID.

    HI,

    Does modality gets Study ID from SCP(RIS) in response to Modality
    worklist query. I checked PS 3.4 page 258. study ID is not present,
    Study Instance UID is present. In this case , modality supposed to
    generate Study ID or not? If it generates, some other modality might
    get the same Study Instance UID from MWL(RIS) ( e.g Patient ordered for

    many steps(CT,MR) under same study), in this case CT and MR generates
    its own study ID for one Study Instance UID. How this situtaion is
    avoided or is this a valid in DICOM?

    Razvan Costea-Barlutiu wrote:
    > Gurikar...
    >
    > Study ID is, AFAIK, a type 2 element which means that it can be

    present
    > but NULL in an IOD. I think this would be why you'd get nothing in

    the
    > C-FIND response.
    >
    > It has also a value-mutiplicity of 1 so you cannot have more than one
    > study ID generated for the same IOD.
    >
    > A similar Study ID issue appeared a few threads ago, check it out, it
    > may offer you the answers you are looking for:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ee6cab3e579b2d

    > Have a nice weekend,
    > ~~Razvan

+ Reply to Thread