Looking for a C-STORE SCP that supports Lossless JPEG - DICOM

This is a discussion on Looking for a C-STORE SCP that supports Lossless JPEG - DICOM ; All, I am trying to test a C-STORE SCU supporting the default lossless JPEG transfer syntax (.....70). I have been using Conquest server for testing and it seems to work really well for most everything, however it is "blowing up" ...

  1. Looking for a C-STORE SCP that supports Lossless JPEG

    All,

    I am trying to test a C-STORE SCU supporting the default lossless JPEG
    transfer syntax (.....70).

    I have been using Conquest server for testing and it seems to work really
    well for most everything, however it is "blowing up" when I send it an image
    object using the lossless JPEG transfer syntax.

    I believe that there is something wrong with the Conquest implementation, or
    something wrong with the way that I have configured it.

    I am not particularly partial to Conquest, I just need a known "good"
    C-STORE SCP that supports the (default) lossless JPEG transfer syntax.

    Does anyone know if Conquest will work and if so, how? Or does anyone know
    of a publicly available SCP or test tool that supports the lossless JPEG
    transfer syntax as an SCP?

    Thanks,

    -Paul

  2. Re: Looking for a C-STORE SCP that supports Lossless JPEG

    Hello Mr Paul,

    Try DCMTK toolkit "http://www.dcmtk.org/dcmtk.php.en", very stable and
    usefull toolkit to develop and test dicom application from scratch.

    Supports following transfer syntax

    +x= --prefer-uncompr
    prefer explicit VR local byte order (default)

    +xe --prefer-little
    prefer explicit VR little endian TS

    +xb --prefer-big
    prefer explicit VR big endian TS

    +xs --prefer-lossless
    prefer default JPEG lossless TS

    +xy --prefer-jpeg8
    prefer default JPEG lossy TS for 8 bit data

    +xx --prefer-jpeg12
    prefer default JPEG lossy TS for 12 bit data

    +xr --prefer-rle
    prefer RLE lossless TS

    +xd --prefer-deflated
    prefer deflated expl. VR little endian TS

    +xi --implicit
    accept implicit VR little endian TS only

    with regards
    Ravindran Padmanabhan

+ Reply to Thread